Thursday, March 31, 2016

REVIEW - Black Roses (The Mitchell Sisters #3) by Samantha Christy

Title - Black Roses (The Mitchell Sisters #3)
Author - Samantha Christy






Synopsis

-Piper Mitchell-
April 25th was the day I was born.
It was also the day I died.
Blood was still rushing through my veins. Oxygen was still saturating my cells. But for all intents and purposes, I ceased to be among the living.
Going back to New York for my sister’s wedding was a mistake, but I made her a promise.
It would be a quick trip. Show up, say the right words, then I’d be gone. This time for good.
I didn’t think anyone could understand what was taken from me that fateful day.
Not until I met him.

-Mason Lawrence-
I threw a football in front of eighty thousand people.
Mingling with the rich and famous was just another part of my job.
Nothing made me nervous.
Not until she walked off that plane and into my life.
She was broken. Shattered by some event she kept hidden under lock and key. 
The clues on her body failed to reveal her secrets—unlike the clues on my body that clearly publicized mine.
The clock was ticking, giving me only a few short months to uncover the true meaning of the flower branded into her flesh. 
Because if she got back on that plane, I knew it would be forever.





My Thoughts

Piper Mitchell, the elusive baby sister of Baylor and Skylar. If you’ve read about the other two sisters then youve heard of Piper, but you never got a feel for her. If you havent read the other books in the Mitchell Sister Series, thats okay too. Black Roses is a standlone novel, but personally i think it makes more sense if you’ve read the first two books.

Piper left home right after high school graduation with her best friend Charlotte to travel Europe. In the four years since shes only been back to the states a day here a day there. All she wants is to stay far away from the bad memories that home holds. Only problem is she made a deal with Skylar that if she ever got married she would come home to plan Sky’s wedding. So shes back state side for an unknown time. Piper fights to keep her past at bay. Piper tries everything to keep from everyone around her just how jaded she actually is. It doesn’t work though, because Sky’s fiancés best friend Mason sees right through her and her act.


Mason Lawrence knows jaded when he sees it, because he’s the same way. Mason got screwed, only he doesn’t completely see it until the end of the book. He is a professional football player, and like most killer athletes the sharks swam around him in college. Poor Mason got bite and ended up with a daughter. Thats okay though, his little girl is the light of his life no matter how nuts her mother is.


Mason swore off women when he had his daughter, until he lays his eyes on Piper. Its a constant fight between the two. Mason is willing to give it a go, but Piper wants nothing to do with him. Will the two give it a go? Will pasts come back to haunt them? For sure secrets will be revealed. Samantha Christy proves in Black Roses that there is nothing quite like home.
I don’t want to ruin this story for anyone, so all I will say is read it. Its not a light read, but it is a fast one. Your emotions will range all over the place, but it is worth it. There are no more sisters, but I hope this isn’t the last of the Mitchell sisters for us readers. The family is a riot. Here are some of my favorite pieces of Black Rose;


“One big fat tear rolls down her face, right before her lips turn up into a precious untroubled smile. The smile that sends strong gripping hands through my body, taking a powerful and eternal hold of my heart.”


“Piper has my daughter in her arms; the type of embrace shared by a mother and child. She is swaying back and forth, rocking Hailey in a gentle calming motion.”


“And while she drinks—I breathe. I breathe what I know is the first air of our new life together.”



Star Ratings: 

Plot- 4/5

Heat- 3/5
Characters- 4/5
Writing Style- 4/5
Overall Rating - 4/5


(Click Cover Image Below To Purchase) 



No comments:

Post a Comment