Tuesday, March 29, 2016

REVIEW - Falling Completely by Aidan Willows

Title - Falling Completely (Starling Falls #1)
Author - Aidan Willows









Synopsis


MALIYA
Falling in love is not for me. I don’t do relationships, they never end well.
I don’t believe in fate, soul mates or happy, fairy tale endings. I’m definitely not a sweet little princess in search of her prince. 
I have a plan to follow and falling in love is not part of that plan.
Nothing is going to change my mind.
Not even a domineering, gorgeous, blue-eyed firefighter who seems to be everywhere I go.

CALEB
The moment I saw her, I knew.
I knew the funny, curvy, raven haired beauty was supposed to be mine.
She may not agree with me at the moment, but I’m a patient man.
I’m not afraid to play dirty to get what I want.
And I want Maliya Abbott.

When her sister decides to move from London, across the Atlantic Ocean to Starling Falls to run an estranged relative’s bakery, Maliya Abbott is pretty sure her sister has lost her ever-loving mind. 

Not wanting to be separated from the only family she has left, Maliya goes with her, a move that was only supposed to last a year. After all, training to be a doctor at the same University her parents did had always been her goal. 
What she hadn’t planned on, was meeting Caleb Jameson. A man who is adamant they are destined to be together. That would be great, if she actually believed in any of that crap. 

She also hadn’t planned on his insane, lovable, meddling family trying to derail her plans.

Maliya is a smart girl. She knows what she wants and what she doesn’t want. She definitely wants to go to Oxford University and train to become a doctor. She definitely does NOT want anything to do with Caleb Jameson. 

Now, if only she could get her stupid heart to listen to her head.





My Thoughts


Falling Completely is a romantic novel that has many different components to keep readers interested. Aidan Willows wrote a well written book with an interesting plot. While I like this book overall, there were a couple parts of this book that weren't my favourite. With that being said, this was an amazing book and I can't wait to read more from this author.

First, the plot was written very well. I really enjoyed the fact that there were many layers to this book and it wasn't just simple. I really like the premise of the plot since it happens a lot to people in real life. While the specific situations might not be the same, the conflict that is caused by such situations is usually the same in real life. I think that this was a well-written book and the author did her research when choosing the plot. Either she has a really good imagination or she has gone through or known someone who has gone through similar situations.  

I think the best part of this book was character development. The main characters are both complex. Liya has a lot of deep rooted issues that she is working through. She think she knows what she wants a life. She's very strong willed and hard headed. She thinks that her life will ago exactly how she plans. I don't think anyone told her that life rarely goes as we planned. Due to this, it leads to some awkward situations and also some of the best conflict. Caleb, on the other hand, started where he didn't know what he wanted, but when he meets Liya he realizes everything that he does want in life. I love watching him evolve from not caring about women to caring about them a lot. Well at least one woman.

My other favourite part would be the fact that it's very family centre. These characters really love their family and would do anything for them. I love reading about such strong bonds between family members. Often times we forget, especially me since I'm an adult living away from my family, that families can be very close. I really love this aspect of the book.

This book does have many scenes where there are very descriptive sexual situations. I really enjoyed these parts of the books but I know some others don't so if you don't like really descriptive hot and dirty sex scenes then this isn't the book for you. There were many times that I even blushed because of what I was reading. The author did a great job in writing the sex scenes and building the attraction and anticipation for the reader.

There are only a couple things out about this book that I didn't like. One was I thought there was a minor plot being woven into the book, but nothing was ever done with it. I don't know if the author just put it in to show an aspect of one of the characters, but I really think that it could make a whole other book itself based on the plot or at least it being tied up in another book. The only other thing I can complain about this book is that at first Caleb, the main male character, comes on a little bit strong in my opinion, but by the end he grew on me.

Overall, this is a really good book. I really can't wait to read other books in the series. The author I think have a plan to make more books as the minor characters in this book were all dynamic and could all use some too character development. I really can't wait to read more about it. Aidan Willows did an amazing job. 


Favourite quotes:

“You know, I don’t think all this fresh air agrees with you. You've become a lot more aggressive ever since we've moved here.”  
“It’s not the fresh air. It’s your face. It aggravates me and makes me want to commit violent acts against you.” -Niki and Liya. 

“Well. As long as all you boys are being safe. Remember: no glove, no love.”-Aunt Debbie. 

“We’re friends now, so you can be honest with me; are you putting crack in your cookies to make them more addictive?”  
Niki giggled “Nope not quite. I could tell you my secret, but then I’d have to kill you. And you seem like a cool girl, so that would be a shame.”- Addis and Niki. 

Star Ratings:
Plot:5/5
Characters: 4/5
Heat:5/5
Writing style:5/5
Overall Rating:5/5




(Click Cover Image Below To Purchase)




No comments:

Post a Comment