Tuesday, March 29, 2016

REVIEW - Drifter (MC Sinners Next Gen #2) by Bella Jewel

Title - Drifter (MC Sinners Next Gen #2)
Author - Bella Jewel







Synopsis

They say opposites attract. In my world that isn’t a good thing. 
I did everything I could to escape the grips of motorcycle club I grew up in when I turned twenty-one. 
It wasn’t about fear, or betrayal, or even lack of love. I just needed my own life. 
I had to know how it felt to stand on my own two feet without their protection. 
Then I met Diesel. Mysterious, dark, with eyes that screamed to be understood. 
From the second I met him, I knew I needed to be in his life. 
There’s just one problem – he’s a member of a different motorcycle club. 
Two things that should never be combined. Yet I can’t stay away.
No matter how hard he pushes. I can see beyond his mask. 
I need to know who he is and I’ll overcome any obstacle to be in his life. 
A friendship is born, followed by an epic love. 
Our relationship is forbidden. 
But I’ll do anything to be in his life. 
Anything.




My Thoughts

Mercedes is a young woman on the cusp of going to college, starting her life the way she wants, away from the drama and pressure of the MC she grew up with. When she starts college, she see's a familiar face, that of Diesel, the sexy singer she once met. 

After incidents and accidents and turmoil aplenty these two end up spending more and more time together, building their friendship and relationship, but they're both keeping secrets from each other. Secrets that could hurt each other and their families. All secrets come out eventually and these two have to deal with the fallout of their actions.

When I first heard about their being a series about the second generation of the sinners (The original series characters kids) I was thrilled! I loved these guys, I loved that series and Pandemonium came along and I wasn't disappointed. It reignited my adoration for these characters and so I was super excited for Drifter. Not only for Mercedes from the Sinners, but for Diesel from the Jokers Wrath! I mean, What? TWO MC's I love, coming together in one story. Holy hell!

Except It didn't thrill me. And that's partially my fault. I came into this book with high expectations, so when they were not met, I just felt deflated.

As with all Bella books, the writing is good, the story is good, the drama, the passion, the emotion, all good. The characters just fell short for me. I just found them immature. Their attitudes, their 'relationship' and their conversation lacked what I have come to love and expect. I don't know, maybe I'm no longer the target audience. Maybe I'm too old. I certainly felt it.


Star Ratings: 
Plot = 4/5
Characters = 1/5
Heat = 3/5
Writing Style = 4/5
Overall Rating = 3/5




(Click Cover Image Below To Purchase)





No comments:

Post a Comment