Tuesday, May 30, 2017

REVIEW - Hard Stick - L.P. Dover



TITLE - Hard Stick

 AUTHOR - L.P. Dover




Pre-Order now from


Releases June 13th


BLURB:



He carries a big stick. And he’s not afraid to use it.

On the ice, I’m Kellan Carter, powerhouse enforcer for the Charlotte Strikers. Off the ice, I’m just a regular guy. The last thing I want is to get mobbed by a bunch of groupies who are only after me for my fame and money. My ideal woman knows how to enjoy a little good, clean fun—and maybe some not-so-clean fun too. That’s the kind of girl I’d never let go.

When Kristen Robinson, the gorgeous, down-to-earth bartender I’ve been crushing on, agrees to let me take her out, I’m thrilled. We have an amazing night together, culminating in the most electrifying kiss of my life—and that’s it. Kristen tells me we can’t see each other again, but I know that kiss meant as much to her as it did to me. What I don’t know is that Kristen has a dangerous secret. . . .

I’ve proved to Kristen that she can trust me with her body and her heart. But when her past comes back to haunt her, I need to prove that she can trust me with her life. And I might have to get my hands dirty after all.



REVIEW:


“Sports and Suspense, 5 stars”

Let me be completely honest I didn’t read the blurb of Hard Stick. I saw it was a sports story because of the cover and saw it was by L.P. Dover and signed up, and I am so glad I did.
During the first chapter I was seriously wondering what I signed up for because I wasn’t expecting suspense and pure craziness. The story needed it though to make you better understand Kristen.

Kristen is an interior designer, during a job she fell in what she believed to be love with one of her clients. Only it wasn’t love and the dude was the definition of crazy. Kristen’s escape from said guy was intense, her life was falling apart all around her and nothing would be the same. Then finally after over a year she can start living her life again and getting back to “normal.”

After a while she accepts a date from a hockey player she knows. She planned on going on one date, but one date would never be enough. Kellan is not the guy everyone assumes he is. People think since he plays hockey he must be a player, when in reality nothing could be farther than the truth. He asked Kristen out for months and figured he would never be given the green light, but when it comes he takes it and runs. He easily falls in love with the feisty red head and when her past comes crashing in with a vengeance he won’t let her do it alone.

Kellan and Kristen fall hard and fast. The thing I loved about Kristen is she kept no secrets from Kellan and he knew what he was getting himself into with her. This story covers so many things that it’s hard to describe. Nothing I say will give the story justice, you just need to read it for yourself. You’ll be sucked in from the start and will feel the book hangover before you’re done.


Star Ratings:
Plot- 5/5
Heat- 5/5
Characters- 5/5
Writing Style- 5/5
Overall- 5/5




No comments:

Post a Comment