Tuesday, May 2, 2017

REVIEW - Tequila & Tailgates - Andrea Johnston



TITLE - Tequila & Tailgates (A Country Road #2)
AUTHOR - Andrea Johnston







BLURB:




Four years ago, I took the biggest risk of my life and it blew up in my face. I learned my lesson – love sucks. 

Now self-preservation and protecting my heart have become second nature. But Jameson Strauss... he's my weakness. 

Give me the occasional shot of tequila, a game of Truth or Dare, and I’ll do almost anything for that man.

Four years ago, I didn’t follow my heart. I let the one girl that consumed my soul walk away without a fight. 

Now I go through the motions never truly living. But, the day Ashton Sullivan needed me was the day my world changed for the better. 

Tequila, truths, and the occasional dare are all I need to show her how good we can be. 

Sometimes the truth is in the dare.




REVIEW:

“Enemies to lovers, 5 stars”


When Ben took off for college, Jameson was given the task to watch out for Ben’s sister Ashton. He took his role seriously and tried to fill Ben’s shoes to the best of his abilities. But one day that all blew up in his face. He discovered that he had feelings for her. One misstep took their friendship and it dissolved everything he had worked hard to protect. His once sweet girl was now attacking.

When a disaster sends her back into his arms. Or more accurately his house. They will live together for a short time and he will try and repair what he can between them. But one thing leads to another only this time they might not be able to repair the fall out.

Ashton has been partially in love with Jameson since she was young. She can’t stand his parade of women in and out of his life leading her to protect herself the only way she knows how, with her sharp tongue. When she’s forced to live with him for a small amount of time she’s sure blood will be drawn. Ashton braces herself for the heartache she is sure is to come, but maybe just maybe she is the cause of it this time and not Jameson.

In Tequila & Tailgates there are loads of secrets and truths. You figure out with Jameson and Ashton how to navigate the sticky situation they are in. If you read Whiskey & Honey then you see old characters you’ve already met, along with some new ones.

This is one of those stories you want to yell at the characters to stop, because you know their well-intended intentions aren’t going to work the way they are hoping. It’s a great story and I can’t wait to see whose story Johnston does next.

Here are a couple pieces of Tequila & Tailgates that I enjoyed;

“Tequila makes me do really bad things. In the past, it’s made me choose the dare, make the first move when I’m lying next to a man I have feelings for, and on an occasion or two maybe, just maybe, think I’m a professional fighter and some small-town version of Ronda Rousey. Not that I’ve been in an actual fight, but it’s made me think I could be.”

“One syllable. One word. That’s all it takes before our lips collide. They don’t meet. They don’t connect. They collide.”

“My dad used to tell me when I was younger that when I found the woman who pushed me to be a better man, the woman who accepted my flaws, and the woman who found humor in my quirks, that was the one to marry.”



Star Ratings:
Plot- 5/5
Characters- 5/5
Heat- 5/5
Writing style- 5/5
Overall- 5/5



No comments:

Post a Comment