Monday, May 15, 2017

REVIEW - Real Deal (Single Dads Club Series) - Piper Rayne





TITLE - Real Deal (Single Dads Club #1)

AUTHOR - Piper Rayne





BLURB:


Red Flags…


Too loud.
Too clingy.
Too much make-up. 

I could go on and on. The other guys in the Single Dad’s Club would say I’m obsessed with finding them. But none of their kid’s mothers call a maximum-security prison home either, so their opinions mean shit.

Caterina Santora has her own list of red flags…

She’s too young.
She’s my client’s daughter.
She’s my five-year old’s camp counselor.

Even after repeating this mantra to myself every morning on the way to Lily’s summer camp, guess what happens the moment I see Cat? Yeah, that mantra turns into ride me, doggie style and reverse cowgirl. 

Every. Damn. Time.

The fact that she doesn’t remember me from six years before grates on me until I don’t have it in me to leave her alone any longer. I have to have her. But our lives are opposites in every way. In no way compatible.

When we’re together all the complications fade away and I have to keep reminding myself, even if I can have her— I can’t keep her.



REVIEW:


“Alpha male, some dirty talk, and time, 5 stars”

First off can I just say I was ridiculously excited for this series to come out? I loved the idea of single dad’s getting their happily ever after. Thankfully Piper Rayne didn’t let any of us down. If you’ve read The Boxer then you’ve know who Cat is (Tahlia’s sister), this is her story. Kind of..

So sometimes we have horrible days. That’s basically what happened to Marcus years ago and since then he’s felt guilty for the things he said to an innocent party. Well partly innocent, the girl did try to throw herself at him. But now that girl is all grown up and is daughter Lilly’s camp counselor.

Marcus finally has the chance to say sorry to the poor girl, but that’s not all he wants to do. No, that girl is all grown up. He’s not looking for a wife, or a mother for his daughter, but what happens if one falls right into your lap when you’re least expecting it?

Years ago, Cat had set her sights on Marcus, only to find out he wouldn’t be her knight in shining armor. Now she’s older and wiser, she won’t fall for his charms. But it may be fun to play with him just a tad. The last thing she expects to happen is fall for a blonde little girl and her very alpha father. Will Cat get what she wanted at eighteen or will she get more than she bargained for? Will Marcus let the past go and let love in?

Real Deal is the real deal. Once I started reading I couldn’t put it down. I loved Marcus and Cat together, Lilly was precious. Then we have the other single dads and Cat’s two roommates who really bring the story all together. There is humor where there needs to be and seriousness when expected. It’s a light fun read with some serious undertones. I absolutely loved it and can’t wait for the next book in the Single Dads Series. Who knows maybe we will see more of Marcus and Cat.



Here are a couple lines from the book I liked;

“One day, the clouds will clear and you'll realize what you're missing.”

“Sometimes it pays to take chances, even if you’re a control freak like me— some people are worth the risk.”

“My gaze finds Lily dancing along the deck of the boat. Her braids with a slight curl at the ends blowing in the wind as she pretends she's a ballerina shifting her weight from one foot to the other to the rhythm of the music playing through the speakers. She's beautiful and I wonder what my life would be like if Marcus and I worked out.”



Star Ratings:
Plot- 5/5
Characters- 5/5
Heat- 5/5
Writing style- 5/5
Overall- 5/5




No comments:

Post a Comment