Wednesday, October 11, 2017

REVIEW - Blocked - L.P. Dover



TITLE - Blocked

AUTHOR - L.P. Dover





Released October 31st



BLURB:



He’s got every reason to be cocky . . . until a female cuts him down to size.

I’m Dallas Easton, the best goaltender in the league. I make a damn good living playing hockey, and with women falling at my feet wherever I go, why not enjoy it? I get whatever I want, whenever I want—that is, until I come across the one player who gets the best of me on the ice.

When I try to pummel the dude, all hell breaks loose. Imagine my surprise when the helmet comes off to reveal a woman underneath. And not just any woman, but the sexiest woman I’ve ever seen. Callie Davis is the complete opposite of the puck bunnies I usually go for, a good girl with sick moves and a selfless streak a mile wide. I need to make amends, but she dodges me at every turn. It doesn’t help that Callie’s brother hates my guts, or that my agent thinks she’s bad for my career.

But I could care less what they think. I can’t let our little run-in on the ice be the end of our story. Because when I set my sights on something, I won’t rest until I score.



Johnaka's Review:



“Sometimes you have to work for it, 5 stars”


To say Dallas and Callie didn’t start off on the right foot would be an understatement. Twice in front of Callie Dallas made himself look like a fool, which led him on the apology tour. What he learned on said tour is that there is more to Callie than what meets the eye. So what I’m calling the apology tour turns into a mission to get the girl.

Callie doesn’t have time for a hockey player, she has enough on her plate without adding a male. But there is something about Dallas that calls to her. At every obstacle she puts up Dallas surprises her. When these two get together it’s like all is right. Only it’s not seeing as how Dallas and Callie’s brothers don’t get along. Is he willing to set aside a disagreement between her brothers to get Callie?

I loved these two. Dallas was a heck of an athlete and all about making Callie happy. He would literally do anything to put a smile on her face. Callie is strong and can take care of herself. What she wasn’t expecting was to like Dallas taking care of her. Not only do you watch these two fall in love, you get a little of one of Callie’s brothers with his girlfriend, You get Kellan and Kristen from Hard Stick, and a whole bunch of other secondary characters.

Dallas and Callie don’t have it easy, but they want to make it work. I really loved these two and recommend that you one-click. If you love a hard-working guy, who’s an athlete and a strong female then Blocked is definitely one for you to read.



Star Ratings:
Plot- 5/5
Characters- 5/5
Heat- 5/5
Writing style- 5/5
Overall- 5/5





No comments:

Post a Comment