Monday, October 30, 2017

REVIEW - The Fortunate Ones - R.S. Grey



TITLE - The Fortunate Ones
AUTHOR - R.S. Grey






BLURB:



At Twin Oaks Country Club, there are the fortunate ones, and then there are the rest of us: the waiters, the caddies, the valets, and in my case, the cabana girls. Most days, I’m poolside in a pleated skirt, dishing out margaritas to tycoons and titans. It’s not exactly my dream job, but it does come with one perk…


James Ashwood.

He’s my silver lining in a custom black suit.

Besides being a legacy member at the club, he’s a tech mogul and Austin’s most eligible bachelor. Oh, and those dimples? Yeah, they make my stomach dip too.

On good days, I catch his sleek Porsche winding down the tree-lined drive. On better days, I steal a glimpse of his handsome profile as we pass in the hall. And on the absolute best day, I find him alone at the bar, looking for company.

“Come have a seat.”

Those four little words set me down a path I never could have imagined. Private planes, penthouse suites, and temptations around every corner make it impossible to keep my distance. His world feels decadent and wild—but overindulgence comes with a cost. Every kiss comes with strings. Every erotic encounter is a promise I’m not ready to keep.

When I pump the brakes, he hits the gas. James doesn’t want to go slow—he wants a commitment. 

And the thing about the fortunate ones?

They’re used to getting what they want.





Johnaka's Review:



“Sometimes you have to wait to get the one you want, 5 stars”


James is older, well accomplished, successful, and wealthy. The only thing missing from his life is a woman he wants to spend his life with. There are woman all around him battling for his attention, but none worthy of his time, until he sees Brooke. He’s heard everyone talk about the beauty who works at the country club he’s part of but they never cross paths, until one night they do. The only thing that happens is good conversation, she doesn’t throw herself at him and he’s relieved. He wants more of Brooke's time but will he get it?

Brooke is from a well-off family, but that doesn’t mean she herself is well off. She’s a tutor by trade but can’t get a job. Its not her fault the suburban moms feel threatened by her looks. So in between tutoring jobs she finds herself working at the country club. Brooke’s heard all about James from the others, but honestly, she doesn’t have time for a real relationship. She’s set in her ways and knows what she wants. A guy who wants to settle is definitely not on her five-year plan. But what if her five-year plan changes?

These two were like passing ships in the sea. They knew they belonged together but they were both going in opposite directions. They fell hard and fast while trying to fight to stay away from each other. They knew if they put anytime into it someone would be hurt, but in the end, they both were. In the end though they were like magnets, they couldn’t stay away from each other and felt the pull. It wasn’t a quick and easy fall, it was a hard and time consuming one. Even in the distance they knew where they should have been.

I loved James and Brooke. I love how supportive they were of each other. They never really fought over each other’s ambitions, they accepted them even if it meant time lost. They knew that they both had to be on the same page and were willing to wait. I loved how Brooke didn’t want to be a trophy wife and in the end still had her own identity when with someone as powerful as James. There was no denying that they didn’t belong together, it was just a question of if it would happen. I stayed up until 3 a.m. because I couldn’t put it down. Thankfully my kids slept in so I didn’t regret it at all. I was completely consumed. Well done Grey.



Star Ratings:
Plot- 5/5
Characters- 5/5
Heat- 5/5
Writing style- 5/5
Overall- 5/5




No comments:

Post a Comment