Monday, October 30, 2017

REVIEW - Third Base - Stella




TITLE - Third Base
AUTHOR - Stella 






Released November 2nd




BLURB:


First base: kissing.
Second base: above the waist.
Third base: below the waist.
Home run: no explanation needed.

Every baseball player knows to keep their eye on the ball and swing for the fences. Each base counts, but a home run is the goal. No one wants to strike out. This is true both on and off the field.

Ellie Teller had been my best friend since we were born, and we had a plan—get out of the tiny Alabama town we’d grown up in and go to college…together. But even life’s best-laid plans could throw a powerful curveball. Rather than attend classes, I was now the starting pitcher for a Major League team.

While my game-day stats were impressive, my record with women was less desirable. I was the professional baseball player who hadn’t been able to make it past third base since the one and only night I’d played hardball with my best friend.

But when the bottom of the ninth came to a close on my career, I had to decide if our friendship was worth more than a few extra innings.



Johnaka's Review:



“Friends to lovers, 4 stars”


Coby and Ellie grew up side by side. Coby and Ellie’s mothers were best friends so when Coby’s mom passed Ellie’s mom stepped into the mom role for him. No one ever understood their relationship. People always assumed they were together even though they never were. Until one-day things started to change. 

Coby and Ellie had their lives planned out. Then with some luck those plans changed, but never fear they stayed close. This is a story of how one day you wake up and realise you’re in love with your best friend. What do you even do? Do you admit it and possibly ruin that relationship? Or keep it to yourself and just let things be?

I liked Coby and Ellie. I wanted to strangle them for not seeing what was right in front of them, but it was slightly sweet. I loved Gage who started as Coby’s friend and morphed into Ellie's. I like how they never held each other back and always wanted what was best. I genuinely liked the story, but for some reason I just can’t rate it a 5. I think it may be because for me I like a little more relationship not friendship before the happily ever after. With that said though, it was a solid story I enjoyed.



Star Ratings:
Plot- 5/5
Characters-5/5
Heat- 3/5
Writing style-4/5
Overall- 4/5




No comments:

Post a Comment