Monday, October 30, 2017

REVIEW - The Other Brother - Meghan Quinn




TITLE - The Other Brother

AUTHOR - Meghan Quinn




Released Nov 2nd


BLURB:




I got the call. The dreaded call every child fears. My dad wasn’t well, and the man who had always been my everything needed me. 


There was only one thing to do; pack up and head back to my hometown. I had finally made my dream life in the city with the great job and loving boyfriend. But was there really a choice not to go? 

I found a wonderful job, a quaint house to rent, my boyfriend was working on joining me in Binghamton, and my favorite pizza place was only miles away. Life was good. 

Until I met my neighbor. 

It's been three years since I'd seen Aaron Walters, and my God is he all kinds of sexy gorgeous. Figures. He was supposed to be my forever, the man I grew old with, but he had different plans. How can a man who ripped my heart apart still trip me up? How can he make me still want him now more than ever?

I’m tempted, I’m drawn toward him, I’m completely and utterly unaware that I’m dating his biological brother.

Now two men own my heart. The question is, which brother will I choose?



Johnaka's Review:
“If you love someone let them go, if it’s meant to be they will come back, 5 stars.”


The Other Brother is a standalone but if you’ve read My Best Friends Ex or Twisted Twosome then you know who Aaron (Smalls) is and this is his story. Thanks to Quinn’s story telling I always got the vibe that there was so much more to Aaron then what was let on and I wanted his story bad. I knew from the dedication alone that this was going to be one heck of a story and Quinn didn’t let me down.

Aaron is as loyal and honourable as they come. He’s the quiet friend who speaks up when he needs to. I always had the feeling that he was a little sad and The Other Brother shines a light on that. The ones he’s loved most he’s had to let go, his brothers and the girl. Aaron was once so in love with a woman that when she had a choice to stay or go that could make or break her career he let her go. He wanted what’s best for her even if that wasn’t with him. Well now she’s back.

Amelia knew love once. That love was wild and freeing. Her gave her wings and she kept him grounded. They were the perfect match, until he pushed her away. Now she has a new love that is no way similar. It’s safe, predictable, and in my opinion boring. When Amelia goes home to spend time with her ailing father she didn’t expect to see Aaron let alone let him work his way into her life. Will she choose the safe and predictable partner or will she go with the one who showed her what love was?

I loved everything about this story. Aaron sent Amelia away because he knew she needed to go. Yes, they could have stayed together but they weren’t ready for that, they were basically kids. To me that’s what true love is. Always wanting what’s best for someone, even if that doesn’t include you. That is Aaron down to the core. He never thought he was good enough so he let her go but in doing so he never stopped loving her. Aaron is passionate and insecure. He is the kind of guy most girls dream about. 

There is no cheating in this story if that is something you’re worried about. There are some twists and turns in The Other Brother that making you think wtf. You get a little sneak peek of the couples from My Best Friends Ex and Twisted Twosome. The Other Brother left me satisfied yet hoping that maybe Quinn will be nice enough to give us Trey’s story. 

Here are two quotes from the story that made my heart swoon;

“Let your heart beat, let it feel, let it soar, let it love again.”

“What I want for Christmas is another shot at dating that beautifully perfect woman right there.”


Star Ratings:
Plot- 5/5
Characters- 5/5
Heat- 5/5
Writing style- 5/5
Overall- 5/5




No comments:

Post a Comment