Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Release+Review-Pucking Parker-Jillian Quinn


Title: Pucking Parker
Series: Face-Off Legacy, #1 (Standalone series)
Author: Jillian Quinn
Genre: Sports Romance, Romantic Comedy, New Adult Romance
Release Date: October 17, 2018

Blurb
I'm the coach's daughter.
He's my dad's favorite player
And completely off-limits
The first time I met Preston Parker, I slammed face first into his wet, chiseled abs. In the men’s locker room, of all places. I did the world’s longest walk of shame in front of dozens of hockey players. As if that wasn’t embarrassing enough, Mr. MVP gave me one of his killer smirks, right before dropping his towel in front of me. Just to prove a point. That no woman can resist him. Not even me.
Now, I can’t stop thinking about Parker naked. He keeps finding ways to see me, touch me. And I find myself wanting to break my dad’s rules about his players. Rules I never break for a reason. Because falling for a player like Parker… That was never part of the plan.

Buy Links: Kindle Unlimited



Our Reviews:

“A little hockey and a whole lotta love, 5 stars”

Bex grew up with hockey and doesn’t have anything against the sport. She just isn’t fond of the players, which works out in her fathers favor until one Preston Parker puts himself on her radar. They say they’ll be friend’s, but does that ever actually work? Will she break one of her father’s rules and fall for one of his hockey players or will they burn out before they ever get started?
Preston doesn’t have time for girlfriends, he’s too concentrated on the game. But when Bex literally runs into him he starts to change his tune. Will the girl be worth it, or will it put his spot on the team in jeopardy? He’s like a moth to a flame where Bex is concerned and he isn’t afraid to get burned.
I really did love these two. Preston accepted and loved Bex and her tomboy ways. I loved how she wasn’t a girly girl and had no problem being one of the guys. Then you take in Preston’s ‘brothers’ and they just added to the story. Bex never judged them for the antics they got into but just shook her head and laughed. I had never read Quinn before now and plan on going back and reading some of her earlier stuff while waiting for the next I the series.
If you love a good romance book with some hockey, this might be the book for you. Go one-click.
Plot-5/5
Characters-5/5
Heat-5/5
Writing style-5/5
Overall-5/5



What a hot sports romance?!? Do you like hockey? Do you like hunks? Then I have the perfect book for you. Pucking Parker is such a wonderful sports romance. This book has everything I love. There is a bit of romance, heat, and a lot of humor. I really liked that this book had some serious notes but could also make me laugh.
The plot of this book was so interesting. I really liked the forbidden fruit feel to this story. What would you do if you suddenly found yourself attracted to the one person who is off limits? Each character had to struggle with this as they were forbidden to see each other. It added this taboo feel to the story that kept it interesting.
I really liked Bex. She has no problem being who she is. She is feisty and strong and she makes no apologies for it. She is a great female character and I applaud the author for writing a female character I can be proud of. Then you have Preston. He has such a commanding presence to him. I really liked how he had alpha tendencies but was also kind and caring. I liked his character.
I really liked the heat in this book. The immediate attraction between characters sparked a flame. Each character attempting to deny their feelings? That just added gasoline to the fire. I really liked reading the banter between these two. That just added to the tension in the story that made the heat perfect.

The writing style of this story was good. The pace of the story is steady. The story is told from a dual point of view. I liked getting to read from each characters. I also really loved the minor characters. They added comic relief. They also added a layer to the story that would have been missing otherwise.
Overall, I really enjoyed this story. I love hockey, so that aspect really spoke to me. Adding the basketball in there was a nice touch. I really liked that Bex was a tomboy who had her own athletic abilities. That is something you don’t normally see in books. I will be reading this author again.

Ratings:
Plot: 5/5
Characters: 5/5
Heat: 5/5
Writing Style: 5/5
Overall: 5/5

Author Bio:
Jillian Quinn is an international bestselling romance author who likes her females just as alpha as their swoon-worthy male counterparts. As a lover of all things bookish, Jillian has a serious book-hoarding problem and runs a blog in her free time. When she's not reading, writing, or blogging, she's obsessively fangirling over hockey players and can be found wherever she can catch the next hockey game.

Social Media Links:
- Amazon Author Page: http://amzn.to/2kLTxYH
- BookBub: https://www.bookbub.com/authors/jillian-quinn
- Author Website: http://jillianquinnbooks.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment