Monday, October 8, 2018

Review-Player-Staci Hart

41447672
Title: Player
Author: Staci Hart

Blurb:
He’s a player.

He plays the bass with expert fingers. He plays women with intoxicating charm. And he’ll play me with the ease of a virtuoso.

Who better to teach me to play than the master himself?

I’m his model student, front row, pencil sharp. Pick up lines? I’ve got them. Free drinks? By the dozen. Kissing? Let me grab my chapstick.

But the most valuable lesson I’ve learned is that there’s so much I don’t know. Like why his touch sets off a chain reaction straight to my nethers. Or how I’m certain each kiss is the best I’ll ever have, until the moment his lips take mine again.

There’s so much I don’t know.

Like the fact that I’m only a bet.

But we are what we are. He’s a player, through and through.

And I’m the fool who fell in love with him.

Our Review:

Player by Staci Hart
“Jitterbuggin into love, 5 stars”

Okay, I’m going to be completely honest, I love Hart and the worlds she constructs for us readers. But Player? There is just something about Player I loved. Maybe it was the old school vibe, but something about it just sucked me in. The couple were on point and the secondary characters fit their roles perfectly.
Sam is all about the music. It fits into every aspect of his life. He loves women too. Then there is the slightly awkward Val. He can’t help but be attracted to her. When his friend declares her open game Sam can’t help but try and keep her out of his reach. Only Same ends up with so much more than he ever could have thought. Will Sam and Val be jitterbuggin into love or will they stay away from each other?
Val is part of the Red Lipstick Coalition. The lipstick is their super power and she’s going to use that power on Sam. Only Sam makes a move on her first. Will she be able to keep playing the game or with him or will she forget it’s a game? Maybe love isn’t as far off as she thinks it is…
I love how these two came from polar opposite backgrounds and the only real connection they have to start off is the music. There was just something about this book that I can’t quite place my finger on what it was that just made it and I hope you give it a chance. Go one-click and experience the Player who is so much more than one would think.
Plot-5/5
Characters-5/5
Heat-5/5
Writing style-5/5
Overall-5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment