Monday, October 8, 2018

Review-All My Life-Prescott Lane

41444875
Title: All My Life
Author: Prescott Lane

Blurb:


The beginning of any love story starts with the meet.

I’ve known Garrett Hollis since before I can remember, and I’ve loved him just as long. I loved him while he loved someone else. I loved him when he had a baby with her. I loved him when she left him.

The greatest of love stories is that between a dad and his daughter. I should know. I’ve had a front row seat. First steps, first words, all the big moments. 

Garrett was just a teenager when Mia was born. I’ve watched him braid his daughter’s hair, hold her hand crossing the street, seen her asleep on his chest. I’m the best friend, the one they can count on for everything from dance lessons to motherly advice, anything they need. I’m their go-to girl.

The best part of any love story is the happily ever after.

But what if the happily ever after doesn’t include you?

All my life, that’s how long I’ve loved him.

Of course, he’s clueless.



Our Review:

“Finally opening your eyes 3 stars”

Garrett went from the town golden boy to the town pariah. All because he knocked up his girlfriend in high school. Then she took off and never looked back. His best friend Devlyn stood by his side the whole time and because of her the town started to change their tune where Garrett and his daughter Mia were concerned. Now his girl is graduated and determined to find him a woman, but what if that woman has been right beside him the whole time?
Devlyn has been in love with Garrett for as long as she can remember, but he broke her heart as kids. Even after that she stood by and silently loved him and his daughter. Being their when they needed her, she was there for it all. Now the time has come for her to finally make a move or walk away. Because after twenty years of him not noticing her as a woman what will make him do it now?
I loved Garrett as a dad. His relationship with his daughter was top notch. There were times that I felt like Garrett and Mia overlooked Devlyn and I hated that for her. But at the same time, I hated that she never really tried to move on from them. Somehow some way these two ended up together, but as soon as they finally jump the rug is pulled out from under them. Will they make it out the other side together or will Devlyn finally leave town and move on?
There were several things about the book I didn’t care for, but at the end of the day it was well written and had a solid plot line. It just wasn’t my cup of tea, but it might be yours. So, take a chance on Lane.
Plot-4/5
Characters-3/5
Heat-3/5
Writing style-4/5
Overall-3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment