Monday, October 8, 2018

Review-Fall-Kristen Callihan

41721680
Title: Fall
Author: Kristen Callihan

Blurb:


The first time I met Jax Blackwood things went a little sideways. 

In my defense, I didn’t know he was Jax Blackwood—who expects a legendary rock star to be shopping for groceries? More importantly, a blizzard was coming and he was about to grab the last carton of mint-chocolate chip. 

Still, I might have walked away, but then he smugly dared me to try and take the coveted ice cream. So I kissed him. And distracted that mint-chip right out of his hands. 

Okay, it was a dirty move, but desperate times and all that. Besides, I never expected he’d be my new neighbor. 

An annoying neighbor who takes great pleasure in reminding me that I owe him ice cream but would happily accept more kisses as payment. An irresistible neighbor who keeps me up while playing guitar naked–spectacularly naked–in his living room. 

Clearly, avoidance is key. Except nothing about Jax is easy to ignore—not the way he makes me laugh, or that his particular brand of darkness matches mine, or how one look from him melts me faster than butter under a hot sun. 

Neither of us believes in love or forever. Yet we’re quickly becoming each other’s addiction. But we could be more. We could be everything. 

All we have to do is trust enough to fall. 



Our Review:
Fall by Kristen Callihan
“Can you fall in love with someone when you don’t love yourself? 4 stars”

John (Jax) has been in the public eye for a long time. He was once someone they looked at with stars in their eyes but now they look at him with pity. He had a very public fall from grace when he tried to take his life and failed. Now he’s just a broken shell of a man trying to make himself whole again. What he didn’t expect was Stella. Can he fall in love with someone before he completely loves himself?
Stella is used to being alone, she has good days and she has bad days, but rain or shine she has no one. Or at least that’s how she sees it, she’s there for everyone else but no ones there for her. Then she meets John. She treats him like a normal human and not a broken man. What she doesn’t expect is for him to be there for her. Stella never thought she was capable of love then she falls for John. Will they be able to make this relationship work or will John’s bad days outweigh the good and ruin their fragile relationship?
I enjoyed Fall. I feel like depression is one of those subjects we kind of side step around because we don’t want to step on anyone’s toes. So, the fact that Callihan put it all out there was amazing. With that being said I wish more of his Rockstar life was put into the story. More of the band or something, I’m not sure but I needed more of something. Stella herself was awesome but also broken.
Callihan’s writing was spot on for a story of this nature. If you want a story of two broken people coming together and finding their happy then look no further. Go up and one-click now.
Plot-4/5
Characters-4/5
Heat-4/5
Writing style-4/5
Overall-4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment