Saturday, June 7, 2014

Review - The Bookshop on the Corner - Rebecca Raisin

                                              

**I was given a copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review**

Well, this is the 2nd time this year I have been sucked into the picture perfect Ashford. The quaint town where not only can you find Lil and CeeCee at the Gingerbread Cafe. Supplying the delicious, sweet treats that had me practically drooling on to my iPad last time. Now we get to lose ourselves in Sarah Smiths bookstore. Chocolate and books are pretty much up the top of my favourite things list, so I'm now in my element moving on to Sarah's story.  
Stepping in to the Bookstore is like stepping through the wardrobe and finding Narnia beyond the coats. It's another world within the walls of Sarah's Bookstore. Nothing like any Bookstores you find today when trawling shops. These are the magical gems that pop up once in a blue moon. All of the books in Sarah's store say so much. Not only do they tell their tales, they also talk of the people who once owned them. Sarah has an amazing way of knowing so much about a book, she can picture it's life before it was sitting on her shelf. 

"Maybe a customer would stumble across one of them today, run a hand lovingly across their covers, before selecting a book that caught their attention. Though my theory was books chose us, and not the other way around."

Just reading about this amazing bookstore with it's perfect setting and timeless inhabitants, would of been enough to keep me going for the entire story, but it's made all the more enticing in the form of Ridge. Just like the most coveted of book heroes. He's gorgeous, charming and incredibly interested in Sarah. Sarah has always been content in her life with her books and their dreamy, romance. She didn't want for anything else, when she had her books to keep her company. Yet she is starting to realise, maybe she should be wanting more. Her chance at a happy ever after. Not living vicariously through others. Perfectly timed, in walks Ridge. To bring out a hilarious amount of banter in Sarah, she never even knew she had in her. The rest of their story will most definitely have to be experienced personally, I wouldn't want to spoil it.

"Right, a book on, er....." It was a gift of mine to be able to garner what book a person was looking for just by their dress, and their mannerisms, but this guy had me stumped. All I could imagine was that little man crease thing, right where his jeans hung. Note to self: stop dropping gaze to his nether regions."

I absolutely love how when I read Rebecca's books, I seem to lose time. Her books are such a delightful, easy read. I get absorbed in to the book and when I look I'm almost finished. I do find myself never wanting them to end, and wish they were longer. The characters and settings are truly addictive. If it's not chocolate and sweet treats it's books. How could anybody not become glued to the pages. It's made more perfect by seeing some familiar faces from the previous books. The lovely Lil and CeeCee from the Gingerbread Cafe, with their wit and yummy treats to keep the light hearted atmosphere going. Also someone we get to see more of is Sarah's best friend, bubbly hairstylist Missy. A loyal and sweet friend who joins the others in wanting Sarah to find her Happy Ever After. 

I loved this tale with Sarah and her Bookstore and can't wait to see what comes next for the town of Ashford. 

No comments:

Post a Comment