Thursday, June 12, 2014

Review - The Donor (Part 1) - Nikki Rae

                                           


**I was given an ARC of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review**

I was stupidly excited to read this first part of The Donor novella. I had not long finished the Sunshine series, and couldn't wait to see what author Nikki Rae did next.
Although this part was short, Nikki's writing style and captivating characters instantly sucked me in. The synopsis of The Donor was intriguing and I honestly had no clue as to what would happen, other than what was stated.
The stupid thing is, I didn't actually connect the title of this book with anything Sunshine series related. I try to go in to new stories/books completely open minded, I guess this time I was so open minded I missed the huge clue.
So, eventually when my brain clicked in (which was at the 95% point) I finally grasped where things were going, albeit late.
Casey is 18 years old and lives with her parents in a trailer park, following a nasty accident her dad had at work. He was badly hurt and the medical bills are huge and a drain on the family. Following graduation, Casey takes full time work at her office job to grab as much money for her family as possible. Whilst at work, one of her work colleagues lets her in on a secret club/organisation online that matches up people like a dating site. It's basically a way of getting big money for a small amount of your time to do exactly what is needed of you. You are the The Donor. I'm not going to start throwing spoilers around and ruin the story, for those who have no clue what is going on. Or like me were a little slow to remember connections between this Novella and the Sunshine series.
Casey has other problems, that make it even more important to her, to take part in The Donor program. The man that Casey has been matched with, Jonah. We haven't as yet learnt too much about. Other than his age and what he looks like. He seems to be very nice and a gentleman, he cares about Casey's well being and is generous but that is pretty much the extent of what he know. Obviously there is a key feature to him, but that would be a major spoiler leak, so best to read this to find out what it is.
So, 27 pages of an awesome start to this novella series. I loved it and was hooked all the way through. I'm dying to read on and find out more. For a quick, yet captivating read this was perfect. It has all the same addictive qualities that the Sunshine series had, and will make for another unique yet addictive story. 5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment