Tuesday, December 1, 2015

REVIEW - Act Like It - Lucy Parker






TITLE - Act Like ItAUTHOR - Lucy Parker





Synopsis:


This just in: romance takes center stage as West End theatre's Richard Troy steps out with none other than castmate Elaine Graham

Richard Troy used to be the hottest actor in London, but the only thing firing up lately is his temper. We all love to love a bad boy, but Richard's antics have made him Enemy Number One, breaking the hearts of fans across the city.

Have the tides turned? Has English rose Lainie Graham made him into a new man?

Sources say the mismatched pair has been spotted at multiple events, arm in arm and hip to hip. From fits of jealousy to longing looks and heated whispers, onlookers are stunned by this blooming romance.

Could the rumors be right? Could this unlikely romance be the real thing? Or are these gifted stage actors playing us all?



My Review:



Act Like It is the story of Lainie and Richard. Two theatre actors from completely different backgrounds. Lainie is the theatres good girl while Richard is the moody bad boy. They are brought together by their theatres PR team in hopes of raising ticket sales. 


Lainie just wants to progress in her career and raise money for the charities that mean the most to her. Why should she have to put up with snobby men? She's from a loving family and only wants to make them proud. Will her family look down on her for keeping company with a man like Richard or will they get over it? 


Richard is an only Child from a somewhat royal family. He's snobbish and looks down on others who are not on his level. Surely his PR company doesn't want him with someone like Lainie. Or maybe he hasn't actually seen her until now. 


Act Like It is Lucy Parker's debut novel and you can tell. I felt like this wasn't complete story. Nothing stuck out to me. It felt more like a second draft outline to me then a complete book. I never got a good feel for the characters or the story has a whole. She didn't make me at any time want more. I will give Ms. Parker credit though on writing a book. She put herself out there and that alone is a scary thing. I encourage Ms. Parker to keep working on her craft and with time it will get better. And please don’t be afraid to write about intimate moments. 




Here are some quotes that stuck out to me: 





“You’re the most irritating man I’ve ever met, Troy. And I love you like you wouldn’t believe.” 

“More now than an hour ago. By the time I die at ninety of a sex-induced heart attack, I expect I’ll love you in a way I can’t even comprehend.” 

“If it makes you feel any better, your good deed today probably cancelled out an entire year’s worth of bad behaviour. Firmly back on Santa’s nice list.” 

“Well, in a crisis? That’s me. Trying to save Bond’s arse and toppling off an oil rig. I completely lost it. Chloe, by the way? Voice of reason. It’s totally demoralizing. Soothe me.” 




STAR RATINGS:


Plot- 2/5 
Characters- 2/5 
Heat- 1/5 
Writing style- 2/5 
Overall- 2/5 







CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE:





No comments:

Post a Comment