Monday, December 7, 2015

REVIEW - Rage - Elizabeth Reyes





TITLE - Rage 


AUTHOR - Elizabeth Reyes





Synopsis:


Fate is a Moreno Brother's spin off series 

Having made it to the major leagues, AJ "Rage" Romero is determined to shake the stigma his temper has earned him over the years. He's finally managed a shaky hold of that elusive self-control.

Until he meets them . . .

Without warning, his coach and mentor's brilliantly gifted granddaughter Clair and her equally amazing mother Addison Lara blow into AJ's life. The harder he falls for Addison, the closer and more attached he becomes to Clair. 

Having fallen so fast and hard, he agrees to respect the understandably protective single mother's wish to forever keep the identity of Clair's absent father unknown to everyone—including AJ.

But when the ugly truth about Clair's dad begins to surface, the fire in AJ's fiercely possessive heart is lit. As more of the troubling reality comes to light, his zero tolerance for secrets and dishonesty put his temper—and his love for Addison—to the ultimate test.

Self-control has never felt so impossible.




My Review:


Sometimes people misinterpret passion for rage. That is the life Aj finds himself in. He's passionate and caring and when he goes off he does so with his fists. Leaving him with the nickname Rage on the diamond. Aj is a baseball player. He tries to keep his head down and to stay out of trouble. But that all changes when he meets his mentor's daughter and granddaughter. 

A single guy who finds himself submerged in family life and he is all for it. 

Addison has a set of rules that she lives by. Be the best mother possible and no baseball players. Only problem is her daughter Clair loves baseball and has attached herself to one of her father's players. Over time she and Aj become friends which becomes more. Will it be a HEA all three deserve or will something/someone try and stand in their way?


I enjoyed Rage. It was awesome to read an instant family kind of book where the outsider has such a strong bond with the child. Aj and Clair's relationship was one that could put an instant smile on your face. The secondary characters were great. You got to know Addison and Aj through their families which gives a better picture of who they really are. 


I think Ms. Reyes setup a believable plot. I felt like this story was realistic. You never know when love will find you, you just have to be open for the possibilities. Never shut out options because of previous experiences. Kudos to you Ms. Reyes on such a fine book. This book would land you a double on the diamond. 


Here are a few of my favorite quotes from Rage: 


“How’s that cool for an athlete? At least you can say you bat or throw with raging force or something. It doesn’t have to be about your short temper.” 


“Don’t worry about things feeling too perfect. Perfect is what it’s supposed to be , and trust me. I’ve been around long enough to know life doesn’t stay perfect forever, so if anything goes wrong, don’t panic. We got this. In the meantime, enjoy the perfect while it lasts.” 


“I’ve never been in love with anyone but you. I thought maybe I was back then, but now that I know what true love feels like , I can say that with all certainty I never was. I have zero feelings for him other than frustration that I have to deal with him now...” 


“If that amazing little girl was my daughter, I’d be an idiot to keep it to myself . I’d want the whole world to know it.”


“I’ve never been happier in my life either, baby. Cry all you want. I’m just glad the season’s almost over and I’ll be there for you more often. You and Clair.” 




Star Ratings:
Plot- 3/5 
Character- 3/5 
Heat- 2.5/5 
Writing style- 2/5 
Overall- 2.5/5 






CLICK COVER TO PURCHASE:







No comments:

Post a Comment