Tuesday, August 29, 2017

REVIEW - Born, Darkly (Darkly, Madly Duet, #1) - Trisha Wolfe




TITLE - Born, Darkly (Darkly, Madly Duet, #1)


AUTHOR - Trisha Wolfe





Released Sept 19th



BLURB:

He challenged her sanity. 

She shattered his reality. 

They dared each other...to the brink of madness.

A dark and twisted maze awaits criminal psychologist London Noble when she falls for her patient, convicted serial killer, Grayson Pierce Sullivan. As she unravels the traps, her sanity tested with each game, she's forced to acknowledge the true evil in the world around her.



REVIEW:


Oh my gawd that was crazy intense, I’m still sat here trying to make sense of it all. Obviously in vain, as I don’t think I’ll get anywhere, anytime soon. 

I’m even typing this review on my iPad while it was fresh, so excuse the typos, I hate typing on this thing, but I had to talk about it while it was all still buzzing around my head. 

So this arc came through last night, I started immediately as I was so stupidly excited to read it. I had to force myself to stop at 50% or I wouldn’t of actually gone to sleep. Luckily the craziest of crazy parts hadn’t started yet. I picked it back up this morning, and there was really no putting it down until I reached the end. 

I’m not even sure what I just read, I can’t seem to work out what was happening and not happening. Lol Yep I make no sense. Anyway, crypticness aside, it really was the most clever and gripping story I have read in a long time. Yes, it was crazy dark but not in the ‘let’s shock them as much as possible in one book’ way, more in the way that the story was naturally dark. More twisted and nasty than chuck up your lunch gross. 

The sheer work that went into the background and details of this story, just makes me in complete awe of Trisha Wolfe’s writing skills. Not only was it beautifully written and told in such a compelling manner, but the details she managed to weave in were incredible. Of course I’m left with 1000+ questions, but that’s what makes it such a clever story. 

Grayson and London were two characters that were obviously made for each other. Truly soulmates in my opinion. Watching them spar with each other mentally and verbally was so sexy and clever, you just can’t stop reading, feeling the frustration along with them. Both of them have the most unique minds, they couldn’t possibly be with anyone else, they are just perfect for each other. 

I definitely didn’t see where it was heading at the end, but I didn’t actually see where it was going in any of it, it was just so gripping. But I’m obviously dying to get my grubby paws on book two. I can’t wait! I chose not to give any background or content details in this review, it really is a ride you have to go into blindly, so you can experience it all without having any clues what’s next, it’s how I went in, and I’m so glad about that, it meant I never saw what was coming, so I would sit in shock for 90% of the story, doing the nail biting/fish mouth thing. 

So being that Trisha Wolfe is a new to me author, who I stumbled across when seeing an advert for this book quite some time ago, I am pleased to say she didn’t disappoint. This story was incredibly dark, gritty and sheer genius. I can’t wait for book two, but I will have to settle for hunting her previous work while I wait. 






No comments:

Post a Comment