Monday, August 21, 2017

REVIEW - Hate Me, Take Me - Clare James



TITLE - Hate Me Take Me



AUTHOR - Clare James









BLURB:


HATE ME, TAKE ME


They say there’s a
thin line between love and hate, and in the case of these couples, we’re
talking razor thin!


In this hate-to-love
duet by Clare James, two couples cross that dangerous line…more than
once! 

Hate Me


Falling for your
sister’s nemesis? Only a low-life dog would do something like that, right? And
that ain’t me, not anymore. I’m trying to be a stand-up guy—finally making
smart decisions, helping my little sister, and getting my shit
together. For once, things are finally going my way.


Until Jenna shows
up. As soon as I meet her, I know she’s the enemy. I’ve heard enough to
understand that she’s off limits. Banned. Forbidden. But when she moves in next
door, it’s impossible to stay away, and I soon discover she’s not as bad as
everyone says. Of course, she’s difficult, selfish, and a royal pain in the
ass, but she’s also gorgeous, smart, kind, and…well, let’s just say I am that
low-life dog. Traitor. Turncoat. And the world’s shittiest brother. Woof.
Woof.

Take Me


It's an offer I
can't refuse...

He was my best friend. He is my current enemy. Yet he wants me and I want him.
And since we’re both stuck in our hometown unattached, we agree to a truce.

Two hours, once a week, no strings attached. But what sounds like the
perfect arrangement, turns into so much more…yet not nearly enough. 


This hate-to-love
duet includes: Never Be Tamed, Two-Hour Truce, and exclusive
bonus content. 


REVIEW:



Hate me Take me is a book with two separate stories in it. I enjoyed both stories even though they were shorter. These are quick reads with enough story to make you feel like you read an entire book instead of just a short story. What I love most about it, is they are from hate to love stories. Hate to love stories always have such passion and these are no exception. 


Hate Me:
The plot of this story is interesting. I don’t think I have quite read a story that began this way. I think we all have family members who expect you to dislike someone just because they do. This is relatable to me. I think it is entertaining that Michael then meets Jenna and can’t help but be attracted to her. This leads to some interesting story.

Take Me:
Take me has an interesting plot as well. Two former best friends meet once a week for some fun? Sign me up to read that train wreck waiting to happen. The blurb itself drew me in, but the story was even better. I love hate to love books, but I also love second chance books. I feel this book has both. These two were best friends in the past and were torn apart and wanted to hate each other.  What I think I love most is that they don’t deny their attraction, but instead embrace it. This was an amazing story as well.

Overall, I really loved these two stories. I wish I could say more, but with them being so short, I don’t want to give away any important parts of the book. Just know that I read them and loved them and I think you will too. Especially if you are looking for a couple of quick reads without having to get invested in a whole series. I would recommend this to others.

Star Ratings:
Plot: 5/5
Characters: 5/5
Heat: 5/5
Writing Style: 5/5
Overall: 5/5




No comments:

Post a Comment