Wednesday, November 15, 2017

REVIEW - The Bed Mate - Kendall Ryan











BLURB:



I might be a typical guy, but these last few years, my love life’s been anything but. From crazy ex-girlfriends to one night stands who are stage-five clingers, my relationships go bad faster than the milk in your fridge. The only constant has been my best friend Maggie.


Fresh off a bad breakup of her own, I invite Maggie to my guy’s skiing weekend knowing she needs an escape from reality. But then something funny starts to happen. I start noticing things about her that I never noticed before. 

She’s beautiful and doesn’t know it, she’s funny without even trying, and now she’s suddenly single for the first time in forever. 

Sharing a hotel room with her proves to be the tipping point in our very platonic friendship. Suddenly I want to put my hands, my mouth, and my ... other parts ... all over her gorgeous body. I want to claim her, make sure no man touches her ever again. But then her grovelling ex shows up, and Maggie’s torn. 

Am I ready to screw up the best relationship I’ve ever had for a shot at something more?




Jennifer's Review:



What a wonderful Novella! I have only read one other book in this series, but it did not take away from this story at all. I loved this novella. It was heart-warming and just what I needed to get me through the day. I love the overall theme of this book.


 I loved that this story has friends who are starting to realize that maybe there is a bit more. I think we all have had at least one friend in our lives that we thought could have been something more, but never acted on it. I think this story feeds into that desire to wonder if it would have worked out. I liked the way this story explored this topic.

The characters are written wonderfully. Maggie has just gotten out of a long term relationship and is trying to cope. She has a lot of thinking to do to get herself in the right frame of mind. Then you have Sam. Oh good old Sam. He is what you would expect from a best friend. He is amazing and kind and caring. I think that he was the perfect character for this book. He has his own self-discovery to go through though. He needs to find out what he really wants out of life.

The heat in this book is amazing. It melted the slopes they were on! I think when most people think of heat they think of Sex. Not me. When I think of heat, I think of that chemistry between characters. That tension that leaves you feeling flushed. These characters have that. They have been close for so long that once they are both single at the same time, this tension rises. It leads to some very pleasing scenes.

I liked the writing style in this novella. This novella was the perfect little cup of tea I needed. There wasn’t too much going on and the story felt complete. The pace was steady as well. I liked the minor characters also. I cannot wait to go back and read the books I missed in this series.

Overall, I really enjoyed this novella. It was written wonderfully. I loved the characters and the overall theme. I also loved that the author didn’t just throw these two into bed together, despite the title. Instead she allowed them to have a slow burn, which is much more gratifying to readers.



Star Ratings:
Plot: 5/5
Characters: 5/5
Heat: 5/5
Writing Style: 5/5
Overall: 5/5








No comments:

Post a Comment