Monday, November 13, 2017

REVIEW - Crowned by Hate - Amo Jones






TITLE - Crowned by Hate
AUTHOR - Amo Jones








BLURB:

Some would say I have a privileged life. Daughter of the current President of the United States, wealthy, famous, and all things that some girls wish they had. 

Only I'd dream of having a simple life. A life where I wasn't marrying the scariest man I have ever met. Well, I thought I had just met him, but it turns out, there's so much I don't know about myself. That's all thanks to a past so twisted, so warped, that no amount of money, or presidential status could wipe it clean. 


I'm the rebel child. Or as some may see it, the disappointment. I’ve never cared about expensive wedding gowns, or how much someone paid for a tailored suit. I don’t care if your wedding dress is from Walmart, or if it’s from some fancy, upscale designer line. 


So why am I marrying the devil dressed in a thousand-dollar suit? 
I'm about to find out how I got here. To marrying one of the most powerful men in the country. The road to finding out, though, is paved with darkness, painted with the blood of innocents, and it leads my ass straight to hell. Only this hell is a multi-million-dollar penthouse suite in New York City where Bryant Saint Royal, sits on his throne.





Jennifer's Review:



I don’t feel this novel was for me. I was super excited to read this book. I liked the way the blurb made it sound. I like when authors write about the fine line between love and hate. I thought this book would give this to me and it did. Sorta. You will have to read for yourself to see if you agree with my feelings towards this book. This book has a shocking ending, which I give it credit for. It isn’t often a book surprises me, but I wish I liked this surprise.

The blurb for this book drew me in. The president’s daughter is marrying what she considers the “devil dressed in a thousand-dollar suit.” What could this mean? She described him as dangerous in the blurb. Is he part of the mafia? Is he some powerful business man? There is so much mystery within the blurb that I had to give the book a chance. For the most part, I enjoyed a good portion of the book. I liked where the plot was going, until the bombshell ending.

The characters in this book were good. I liked Isa. I liked how she rebelled against what was expected from her. I liked the thought that even though her father had chosen a career path for himself, she didn’t let it dictate what she wanted for her life. She is a selfish person, but I found it refreshing. Bryant was a dynamic character himself. He holds secrets of his own. The way the author writes him makes you want to love and hate him all at the same time.

This book is explosive when it comes to heat. There is such steamy scenes that I didn’t think I could take it. I feel these scenes really add a depth to the book that complements the plot of the book. I thought that these two characters fit well together. They had amazing chemistry.

The writing style is the only part of the book I can mark down. I liked the steady pace of the book and the characters themselves. I even liked where the book was going. I could see where is author was taking it. What I didn’t like was the surprise ending. Now to be fair to the author, she did warn readers not to continue on if you liked where the story was at before the bombshell, but it is like telling a child not to touch something. I have to touch it. I regretted it the moment I did. It ruined the book for me. It does seem like the author plans to continue on, but I don’t know if I will be able to handle it.

Overall, it was a good book. The character and story were written well. I liked the overall theme of the book. I would not recommend this book to others though because I don’t feel it had a real ending, even before the author warned us not to go on. It didn’t feel like the story was truly finished. With that being said, I hope the author does write more of this story and ties it up for others.

Star Ratings:
Plot: 4/5
Characters: 5/5
Heat: 5/5
Writing Style: 3/5
Overall: 3/5





No comments:

Post a Comment