Tuesday, November 14, 2017

REVIEW - El Santo - M. Robinson



TITLE - El Santo

AUTHOR - M. Robinson






BLURB:


I didn’t know darkness and evil lurked inside me until I had to murder in order to survive. Forced to become my own worst enemy. With so much blood on my hands, I was surprised I could still see my own skin.


I killed.
I tortured.
I loved…


I played God while I was rotting in Hell. Thriving on control and power was the only way I knew how to live. There were no other options.
If you weren’t my friend, you were my foe.
If you weren’t with me, you were against me.
Traitors, as I called them. There were no imaginary lines. I’d crossed them all. No boundaries. No second chances. No redemption.
Not for me.
For them.
For anyone.
Only for her…
She loved me. Always convinced I was a saint, never believing I was just another sinner.
A fucking monster.

Until it was too late.

Except, I didn’t choose this life. It. Chose. Me.

Standalone contemporary romance. 





Johnaka's Review:



“Is he a sinner or a saint? 5 stars”


“Our connection was solely linked through darkness, but now there was blinding light added into the mix. We were balancing on the tightrope of existence, walking the thin line toward each other, waiting for the inevitable to happen. Not knowing which way we’d fall.”

Write a spoiler free review they said, it will be fun they said….and the only way I can think of doing that is by leaving you the quote above from El Santo. El Santo isn’t a love story, but it’s a story with a little bit of love and at times a whole lot of hate. You will want to beat Damien with his own book and at times you will want to cuddle the crap out of him. I devoured this book in four hours and I do not for one second regret going to bed in the early a.m. only to be woken up at the crack of dawn by my four year old.

El Santo will show you a different kind of life than what Robinson has shown us before. No matter how much you want to hate Damien you can’t help but love him, or maybe that’s just me. He may see himself as a sinner, but I for one will few him as a saint until proven otherwise. El Santo is a story I never see truly ending….one click and fall in love with another one of Robinson’s couples.


Star Ratings:
Plot- 5/5
Characters- 5/5
Heat- 5/5
Writing style- 5/5
Overall- 5/5





No comments:

Post a Comment