Thursday, May 10, 2018

REVIEW - Bane - L.J. Shen

35378505

TITLE - Bane
AUTHOR - L.J. Shen






Blurb:

A COMPLETE standalone and a Sinners of Saint spin-off.


Bane
Naked surfer. Habitual pothead. A con, a liar, a thief and a fraud.
Last I heard, he was extorting the rich and screwing their wives for a living.
Which is why I’m more than a little surprised to find him at my threshold, looking for my friendship, my services, and most puzzling of all—looking humbled.
Thing is, I’m on a boycott. Literally—I cut boys from my life. Permanently.
Problem is, Bane is not a boy, he is all man, and I’m falling, crashing, drowning in his sweet, perfect lies.

Jesse Carter
Hot as hell, cold as ice.
I wasn’t aware of her existence until a fat, juicy deal landed in my lap.
She’s a part of it, a little plaything to kill some time.
She is collateral, a means to an end, and a side-bonus for striking a deal with her oil tycoon stepdad.
More than anything, Jesse Carter is a tough nut to crack.
Little does she know, I have the teeth for it.

*This book contains material that might be offensive for some or elicit a strong emotional response.





Johnaka's Review:


“The bad boy and the recluse, 5 stars”



Bane is the mysterious bad boy. He will do basically anything to make a name for himself. He’s trying to make a name for himself in a rich town. When a business opportunity arises that has strings attached will he take it or not?


Jesse was once popular, but then tragedy struck leaving her like the town leper and not being able to look herself in the eye. She’s been trying to piece together the flashbacks she’s been having but isn’t having any luck. When Bane forces his way into her life she doesn’t know what to think. But one thing is for sure, with Bane by her things are changing. Will she be able to slay her own dragons or will she need some assistance from Bane?


I absolutely loved these two. Shen made us fall in love with two broken souls and then took us on the journey of growth with them. Nothing about this story was easy, you will go through all the emotions and at times feel like your heart is breaking. But when the ending happens you will have a small smile on your face. Take a chance on Bane and you won’t regret it.


Star Ratings:
Plot-5/5
Characters-5/5
Heat-5/5
Writing style-5/5
Overall-5/5




No comments:

Post a Comment