Wednesday, May 23, 2018

REVIEW - Swallow Me Whole - Gemma James



TITLE - Swallow Me Whole
AUTHOR - Gemma James





Blurb:




Sadie Sawyer wants to learn how to blow a guy. She’s my sister’s best friend. The girl I’ve known since grade school. The girl I’ve always considered off-limits. She’s the girl that crawled under a table in a bar one night and changed everything between us.


Now the brain in my pants is more than willing to step up. The rules are simple.

No kissing.
No screwing.
No falling in love.

But the more I let her use my body in the name of experimentation, the more I know being friends isn’t enough. Is it too much to want it all with her?

The taste of her lips.
The sweetness of her innocence.
The chance to earn her love.

I might have a real shot with her…if her douchebag ex and my past don’t ruin everything.

Swallow Me Whole is a friends-to-lovers standalone romance. Full-length at 77,000 words.



Johnaka's Review:


“A dirty friends to lovers, 5 stars”


Sadie is the ultimate good girl. She’s sweet and pure and everything you really hope your daughter to be as a parent. But like most good girls she doesn’t want to be good, she wants to be bad. Only problem is she can’t get out of her head long enough to do what she wants to do. Sadie is always second guessing herself and letting some of those closest to her walk all over her and telling her that she can’t make up her mind. Except for Ashton and Mandy. They have always been in her corner, but what happens if Ash’s place in her life shifts? Will she be able to deal with the changes?

Ashton has always deeply cared for Sadie but never thought about going after her. She’s too innocent and he doesn’t want to get her dirty with his hands. But what if being dirty is what Sadie craves? When Sadie comes onto him he decides to make his play. Will he be able to convince Sadie the reason it never worked out with anyone else is because they weren’t him?

Ugh, I loved these two. they were on fire. They were like two flames who clashed together and just kept getting bigger and hotter as the story wore on. Even with all the heat there was a solid love behind these two from start to finish, it just grew. I love how Mandy (who is Ash’s sister) was behind them a 100%. My favorite thing about this story is even though Ash wouldn’t be able to give Sadie the life she grew up with (financially) she didn’t care. She just wanted him, and I loved it. Because in the end love is enough. I can totally see myself rereading this sometime.


Star Ratings:
Plot-5/5
Characters-5/5
Heat-5/5
Writing style-5/5
Overall-5/5




No comments:

Post a Comment