Saturday, May 12, 2018

REVIEW - Piece of Work - Staci Hart



TITLE - Piece of Work
AUTHOR - Staci Hart 






Blurb:



Marble isn’t the only thing that’s hard at this museum.

His body is as chiseled as Adonis. His lips are as sculpted as David. And his ego is the size of the Guggenheim.

You know the type—wolfish smile and the gravity of a black hole. The kind of man who sucks all the air from the room the second he enters it. My cocky boss thinks this internship was wasted on me, and he doesn’t hesitate to let me know.

But he’s wrong, and I’m going to prove it to him. If I can stay away from his devil lips, that is. Lips that cut me down and kiss me in the same breath, leaving me certain he’s on a mission to ruin my life.

And maybe my heart. 




Johnaka's Review:


“She’s done it again, 5 stars”


I absolutely loved Piece of Work. It was different than Hart’s usual romance story but still held all of her flare. Hart weaved another killer story for all of her readers leaving us wanting more. She’s kind of like a bartender were not so patiently waiting for to make us a drink. Once we finally get a drink we want the next one. It’s a slippery slope, but a good one. These two characters worked when they shouldn’t have and I can’t wait to see if we get to keep in touch with their romance while possibly reading Rin’s friends journey, fingers crossed we get to.

Court is a d*ck. But with good reason, he has been burned time and time again leaving him not to trust no one. Everyone has a price, and he’s positive the new intern does as well. There is no way she genuinely likes him for who his is and not for what he could get her…right? Will he mess it all up before he can find out? Only one way to find out…

Everything about Rin screams anomaly. She’s always embraced all of her quirks and been okay with it. But now she’s interning for her dream job and something needs to change. Rin is shy and soft spoken but wants a job that puts her in front of people often. Rin is about to embark on a journey of self-discovery. She totally does the ugly duckling to swan transformation, and along the way she might fall in love with a a**hole.

At times these two were cringeworthy because they sucked at communication, but it honestly made the story. I loved how Rin’s tribe really pushed her to better herself and promised to love her no matter what. I can totally see all of them getting their own love stories and Rin and Court cheering them on. I loved this quirky bunch and I’m sure you will too.


Star Reviews:
Plot-5/5
Characters-5/5
Heat-5/5
Writing style-5/5
Overall-5/5





No comments:

Post a Comment