Monday, May 21, 2018

REVIEW - Bought by the Badman - Hayley Faimen



TITLE - Bought by the Badman
AUTHOR - Hayley Faiman







Blurb:


**A Russian Bratva standalone spin-off novel.

Giovanna Rossi was born an Italian Mafia princess, by blood only. Raised to be nothing more than a toy used to satisfy men’s pleasures. She was always available for a price. She never dreamed to hope for anything other than physical relationships.

Aidan O’Neil was once an Irish Prince, next in line to his father’s throne. He grew up to despise what his father stood for. After all, he helped bring the Irish king to his knees. His devotions now lie with the newly formed union between his Irish mob and the Russian Bratva.

An arrangement meant only to release physical tension, turns into so much more—it turns into everything. When a broken prince meets his match in a broken princess, their bond cannot be denied.


*Recommended for readers 18+ due to Language, Violence, and Sexual Content.



Jennifer's Review:



Badmen have never been so hot! Take another lovely stroll through the world of organized crime with a touch of romance. Bought by the Badman has everything you would expect to see in mafia/organized crime book. You have action, shady dealings, jealous counterparts, and then a little romance on the side. This series is one of my favorites.

I was iffy about this plot to begin with. Could I really get behind this story? The answer is yes. While I had reservations about the topic, I fell in love with this story. I think I liked it even more because it was a dip into the Irish side of things instead of staying strictly Russian. We also were able to see many characters from before which was amazing as well.

I fell in love with Giovanna from the very beginning. She is such an amazing and dynamic character. My heart really ached for her so many times that I can’t even count them. Then you have Aidan. He really angered me at times. He is what you would expect from a man really. While he is big and powerful, he was also clueless to the workings of a woman at times. Even with that, I loved him too.

The heat in this book is top notch. All of these books have always showcased the heat in a beautiful and amazing way. These two characters have chemistry and even though they have been with others, it was nice to see the subtle change in how they are together. This part of the book was perfect for me.

I liked the way the author wrote this book. The pace was steady. There was just enough conflict to keep it interesting, but not feel like it was too much. The characters were written really well. I bought into their story and was rooting for them the entire time. The book is easy to read, but does have some pretty tough scenes.

Overall, I really liked this book. It is probably my favorite in the series. These two characters really made me feel for each one of them. I wanted them to have this fairytale ending with the dark and twisty that is organized crime. This was an amazing series and I will probably reread it again in the future.

Star Ratings:
Plot: 5/5
Character: 5/5
Heat: 5/5
Writing Style: 5/5
Overall: 5/5





No comments:

Post a Comment