Monday, May 21, 2018

REVIEW - Goal Keeper - Sarah Nego



TITLE - Goal Keeper


AUTHOR - Sarah Nego





Blurb:



Plan the work. Work the plan. 


Luci Ryder is determined to make the most of her college education. Armed with a partial scholarship to play soccer at Pearson University she knows the next four years are going to be a lot of hard work. Long hours in the gym will be paired with even longer hours in the library. So when the team captain lays down a new rule: No dating the men’s soccer team, Luci couldn’t care less. 

Freedom. Sweet Freedom. 

Over the summer Ryan VanKamp finally realised that his long-time girlfriend was going to drive him to an early grave. So he cut her loose, along with all the connections her family could offer him after graduation. His future is up in the air, but the guys on his soccer team are ready to help him forget all about his ex. 

One little rule. 

Neither Luci nor Ryan are interested in settling down with a happy ever after. But as their attraction for each other moves out of bounds, they’ll have to decide if they’re willing to risk a red card for a potential big score. 

Goal Keeper is a laugh-out-loud stand-alone college romance. If you like quirky heroines, alpha males, and skinny dipping, then you’ll love Sarah Nego’s New Adult sport romance debut. 




Jennifer's Review:



Goal Keeper is one hot novel!  The perfect mix of romance and soccer, Goal Keeper kept me wanting more. Add in a jealous ex and some forbidden fruit? You have the perfect recipe for a story.


The plot of this book is great. The women's soccer team is unofficially forbidden to fraternize with the men's soccer team. The problem with that is they are so intertwined with each other.  What makes something when more appealing?  Being told you can't have it.  I loved this plot.

The characters in this story are so dynamic. Luci is a little crazy, but very endearing. I love how relatable she is to myself. Not all people were serious in college so I love that the author wrote Luci this way. Ryan was amazing as well. At first I was worried I shouldn't like him,  but after the first chapter from him, I knew I was in love. He is cute and slightly clueless and I love that about him. He is also sweet and considerate.

The hear in this book burns bright. These two characters have chemistry from the very beginning. The question is whether the heat is real or not. I loved this part of the book.

I really enjoyed this authors writing style. The pace was steady and there was just enough conflict to keep it interesting without being overwhelming. The characters were also very funny. I laughed more times than I can count throughout this book.

Overall, I really enjoyed this story. I wish I could reread it again with fresh eyes. I was shocked in and devoured it in one sitting. I would recommend this book to others and would love to have another story in this world.



Star Ratings:
Plot: 5/5
Characters: 5/5
Heat: 5/5
Writing Style: 5/5
Overall: 5/5






No comments:

Post a Comment