Monday, September 24, 2018

Release+Review-Collared by the Badman-Hayley Fairman



Title: Collared by the Badman
Series: Russian Bratva Series
Author: Hayley Faiman
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Release: September 24, 2018
Cover Design: Cassy Roop @ Pink Ink Designs

Blurb:
Sergei Orlov has lived a life of dark corruption. Denying himself any bit of normalcy and happiness as a way to protect his family—of blood or Bratva.
He’s seen as a savior to his men, living in darkness behind closed doors.

Raisa was a girl sold into a life of sexual servitude. Memories of her life before—forgotten. She aspires to be cherished by a man who will forever keep her as his own, never to be sold, abused, or traded again.

A favor asked, turns into something else, something unquestionably beautiful. Sergei cannot deny that Raisa stirs something inside of him. Something that he has never felt before.

One fractured savior. One shattered soul. When the two collide, their lives take on new meaning.

Buy Links:
Universal Link - http://mybook.to/CollaredBadman    



Our Review:
Dark, Dirty, kinda amazing? Collared by the Badman is the next book in the Russian Bratva book by Hayley Faiman. This book can be read as a stand-alone, but I suggest you at least read Dancing for the Badman. I think it would give more information that would make this book more enjoyable. With that being said, I did not read Dancing for the Badman first and still enjoyed this book. I do feel I should say this book is really dark. It is a triggers paradise. If you have triggers, maybe avoid this one.

The plot of this book is similar yet different than the other books in the series. This book is set in Russia, which I like. This book really dives into some BDSM lifestyles, but also shows that some of these lifestyles can be taken a bit too far and become twisted. This book turned my stomach at times, but in the end, it was a good read. Give it a shot.
Sergei is a good character. I liked how strong he is. I also liked that he had a softness to him in rare moments. It was the perfect mixture. Raisa is an amazing character. Seriously one of my favorites. She is so strong. At times, I felt her strength might have been a tad unrealistic, but even so, I loved her. She is an amazing character.
The heat in this book is definitely there. This book is mostly about the heat between the characters. There is a bigger plot to the story as well, but the heat was a big part of the story. I liked these scenes between the characters. I really like how the author shows that sometimes you need to give someone a semblance of what they are used to in order to ease them into a new way of life.
The writing style in this book is good. The story is told from a dual point of view. I liked seeing each character’s thoughts. I liked that the author didn’t shy away from showing us a past to the characters that was not all sunshine and rainbows. She showed us some dark things, but it just enhanced the story. This was a very good book.
Overall, I enjoyed this story very much. I have read a couple books in this series and I can say that these are some great books. I would recommend this book to others. Again, I feel I should mention that there are some triggers in this book that may effect some people. Cannot wait to see where the author goes next.
Ratings:
Plot: 5/5
Characters: 5/5
Heat: 5/5
Writing Style: 5/5
Overall: 5/5






In the Series:
Owned by the Badman
Seducing the Badman
Dancing for the Badman
Living for the Badman
Tempting the Badman
Protected by the Badman
Forever My Badman
Betrothed by the Badman
Chosen by the Badman
Bought by the Badman

Giveaway $25 GC Amazon
Embedded code:


Author Bio (Picture attached):
I was born and raised in California. My husband and I met when I was just 16. We were married a few years later, moving to Oregon while he was in the US Coast Guard. 

Texas is now where we call home, where our boots rest, and where we're raising our two little boys and a chocolate lab named Optimus Prime.


Social Media links:




No comments:

Post a Comment