Friday, March 13, 2020

Release + Review - Without You - Marley Valentine





Blurb:
“Tragedy brought us together, but something stronger made me want to stay.”

Julian was the boy next door. My brother’s best friend, he fit with my family in ways I never could. While he and Rhett went on to play house, I left the only life I knew, desperate for a fresh start.

Until everything changed. 

Heartache came along, and the aftermath of my brother’s death was here to stay. I was now face to face with Julian more than I ever wanted to be. 

Being around him brought up all my insecurities, forced me to deal with hard truths, and conjured up feelings I had no business entertaining. He wasn’t the man I thought I knew. He was complex and layered, and inherently beautiful in all the ways I’d never noticed. 

Not on another person.

Not on another man.

Not until him.

Louise's Review 
Without You is a standalone romance story between Deacon and Julian, a romance that no one saw coming.

Julian lost his partner and best friend and Deacon lost a brother; Rhett, the one person that has brought them all together. Deacon is struggling he always felt like he was always 2nd best behind his brother, now that he is gone his mother’s favouritism is brighter than ever. Julian continues to get by each day and when Deacon starts to flirt, he never thought it would happen or that he could find happiness again.

Moving forward is hard especially when they are both living with the same ghost.

I enjoyed this story, the heartbreak was soul crushing and at times I felt that it was too much for both these characters to overcome. Valentine is a new to me author and I look forward to reading more from her.

Star Ratings; Plot: 3/5 Characters: 3/5 Heat: 3/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Overall: 3/5

Buy Links (kindle unlimited):
Amazon UK: https://amzn.to/39JY8UC
Amazon CA: https://amzn.to/2vPuAqe
Amazon AU: https://amzn.to/2Q5QpZc



Author Bio:
Marley Valentine comes from the future. Living in Sydney, Australia with her family. When she's not busy writing her own stories, she spends most of her time immersed in the words of her favourite authors.

Social Media Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment