Monday, June 18, 2018

REVIEW - Bride to Keep - Alta Hensley & Maggie Ryan




TITLE - Bride to Keep

AUTHORS - Alta Hensley & Maggie Ryan





Blurb:


Do you take these men?
To honor and obey from this day forth…

Stolen away by dangerous men on a mission.
Dark intentions I don’t understand yet cannot refuse.
Commanded to comply, obey, and serve in every way.
I am captured in a twisted world of not one man…
— but four.
With a pull stronger than anything I have ever known, I march down the aisle compelled to surrender to the darkness.

With these rings... I become their bride to keep.

*This is a standalone full-length dark reverse harem. Dirty taboo with not just one, but four. You may be afraid to walk down the aisle on this one.
 





Jennifer's Review:



If you like heat, then this is the book for you. Bride to Keep is a reverse harem story. This book is different than others reverse harem books I have read, which is a good thing. This book has action, but it also has a lot of heat. I enjoyed this book.

I liked the plot of this book. Dangerous men kidnap a woman for their own personal motivations. What I can say is those motivations will surprise you. I wasn’t expecting the reasoning behind their kidnapping of this woman. I can say it set of a chain of events that will bring about some major consequences.

Monet is an interesting main character. She is strong willed, but also smart. She has an excellent sense of self-preservation. I really liked the moves she made within this book. I think Cal was my favorite guy from the four guys, but that is just because I feel like I got to know him best.

The heat in this book in unrivaled. If you like dirty and kinky sex, then this is the book for you. There is tons of scenes that made me blush. I think the whole idea of reverse harem is hot on its own, but I especially think the authors did a good job taking this book to the next level with the heat.

So the writing style of this book is ok. I liked the characters well enough. The pace was steady. I understood what was going on. My complaint is that it wasn’t enough. I needed more from the guys to feel more invested in them. I was completely invested in in Monet, but I didn’t feel that same connection with the guys.

Overall, I enjoyed this book. It was a good and sexy read. I really liked the action within the book as well. It was just enough to give me a taste without feeling over powering. This book surprised me. I would recommend this book to others. I would hope that maybe the authors would write a novella or something similar to give us more of the boys


Star Ratings:
Plot: 5/5
Characters: 5/5
Heat: 5/5
Writing Style: 4/5
Overall: 4/5



No comments:

Post a Comment