Monday, June 18, 2018

REVIEW - Counterfeit Boyfriend - Cindi Madsen




TITLE - Counterfeit Boyfriend
AUTHOR - Cindi Madsen



Blurb:

My twin brother’s talked me into a lot of crazy things, but taking his place on a road trip with his girlfriend so he can party with his friends is a whole new level of insanity. What’s even more insane is I somehow find myself agreeing to it—thanks, alcohol, guilt, and bribery. I’m determined to undo the arrangement, but then I meet Gwen, this sexy redheaded hurricane of energy and brains. 

And then she kisses me. Just like that, I’m driving her up the coast, on our way to a wedding with a mess of complications. With each hour and each stop, I’m falling harder and harder for a woman who doesn’t know my actual name. 

I’m trying to do the right thing. Or the lesser of the wrong things. All my life I’ve had to clean up my brother’s messes, but for the first time ever, I’ve landed the upper hand in one of our switcheroo schemes. Now I’ve just got to come clean and convince Gwen that I’m the brother she should be with.




Jennifer's Review:



I wish I could reread this with new eyes all over again! I knew I would like Counterfeit Boyfriend as soon as I read the blurb. I mean twin brothers switching places?!? Sounds like an adult version of the Parent Trap. This book has everything I love in a book. A big secret, undeniable chemistry, a bit of romance, and a huge, climax. This book blew my mind.

This book has an amazing plot. It is like fake boyfriend meets contemporary romance. Add in the mystery that is a twin and you have a recipe for the perfect story. I loved how this book started. You meet both twins and see immediately how different they are. Add in some alcohol and charm and you have Ethan agreeing to pretend to be his twin for the weekend with his girlfriend. What could go wrong, right?

Ethan’s character is great. You can tell he really wanted to do the right thing from the beginning, but he gets swept up into the beautiful hurricane that is Gwen. Throughout the story, I loved reading how he was at war with himself. It made him redeemable to us readers. Gwen is a strong and amazing character. I loved her character. While at first, she might seem weak because of her wanting a date to this wedding, but she is actually a really strong character that can stick up for herself.

The chemistry between these two is obvious from their first meeting. Gwen immediately notices the difference. She has no clue that Evan has a twin though, so she chalks it up to her not really giving him a chance. Ethan feels the same immediate chemistry. It is because of the heat between these two that this ruse lasts as long as it does.

The writing style in this book is good. The pace is fast, but it fits for this book. I love the hot and cold relationship between the two characters. I also enjoyed the dual point of view we get from both of these characters. It made my feelings for these characters grow so much more.

Overall, I am in love with this story. I really wish I could reread this book as if I hadn’t read it. I kept flipping pages until there was no more. Then I sat there wishing I could get my hands on even more! I think the author did a good job of setting the book up for a possibility of another book for Evan. I think it would be nice to see him change his ways. I would recommend this book to others.

Star Ratings:
Plot: 5/5
Characters: 5/5
Heat: 5/5
Writing Style: 5/5
Overall: 5/5



No comments:

Post a Comment