Tuesday, June 12, 2018

REVIEW - Held by Magic - LJ Swallow



TITLE - Held by Magic
AUTHOR - LJ Swallow






Blurb:


I helped the Four Horsemen save the world, but I can’t save my own life. 

I’m Syv. I like to collect sharp weapons, and my favourite activity is liberating magical items. My best friend is an immortal fae, and I love dogs.
I’m not enthusiastic about end of the world scenarios.
Okay, I’m a half-demon thief with an attitude that brings me more enemies than friends. But the fae part is true.
My life had returned to normal, but everything changed when my latest assignment ended in disaster. Somebody took the item I was ‘liberating’ and also decided to curse me with a death mark. If I don’t find the cure soon, I’m facing life as a lich under the control of a necromancer.
And I swear the demonic dog I rescued from the apocalypse is following me.
Now, three sexy supernatural guys have tracked me down in need of my ability to detect magic. They want to recruit me to work alongside them and under their protection. The guys need me to locate an item and also claim they know someone who can find a cure for my mark. So, we strike a deal: I’ll help them if they help me.
The problem is, I’m not sure I trust their so-called ‘secret organisation’. Another problem? They’re on the Four Horsemen’s hit list because they shouldn’t be in this world.  As my death is imminent and options limited, I’ve agreed to leave with them tonight. 
But if they murder me, I’m going to be really pissed off.
Don't miss this new series from the world of The Four Horsemen, LJ Swallow's addictive bestselling reverse harem series. 
Held by Magic is a slow burn reverse harem urban fantasy.



Lou's Review:


Well, what an amazing start to a new series. We first met Syv in the The Four Horsemen series.  When she pops up now and then to help out Vee and the boys. She's a half demon with 100% sassy attitude, and has some great tricks up her sleeve. 
This time it's her story, and she's not having the best of luck. A somewhat simple job ends up becoming her worst nightmare, when she ends up with her own untimely death to worry about. But help comes in the shape of some rather unusual, yet gorgeous otherworldly men, with some pretty awesome talents. 
I truly enjoyed every page of this story. It was fresh, unique, exciting and scary all at the same time. Plus best mention the brewing chemistry between Syv and the mysterious new friends she meets. Oh and if you are already missing the Horsemen and Vee, we get some to see them too! 
Perfect return from LJ Swallow, more than excited for the next story in this series. 
5 huge stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment