Friday, June 29, 2018

REVIEW - The Downside of Love - Meghan Quinn

40193307

Title: The Downside of Love

Author: Meghan Quinn


 

About The Downside of Love:


This isn’t a story about a love triangle. There is no triangle involved. 

This isn’t a story about an accidental pregnancy. Although having a baby with her . . . I would. 
This isn’t a story about lies and deception, even though at times I’ve lied to myself. 

No, this is my story.

A story about sacrifice. 
A story about a man who fell in love with the wrong girl. 
A story I wish I never had to tell. 

This is a story about the true meaning of the downside of love.




Our Review:


“Sometimes falling in love isn’t all its cracked up to be, 5 stars”



I won’t lie after the first book in this series I ha a book hangover like a mother trucker, and now I feel complete. The story ended up being so much more than I expected. Quinn took a turn I wasn’t expecting and even though it left me a little pouty I still enjoyed it from start to end. Quinn set up little signs in book one that I never saw until they were pointed out in book two and it was brilliant. I can’t wait to see if she does anything else with this series.


Sometimes falling in love isn’t all its cracked up to be, or at least in Stryder’s case it wasn’t. See he did the unthinkable, he fell for Rory. Sweet, sweet Rory who is off limits to him. Then things start to change between the two of them. Will he be able to act on his feeling or will his guilt get the better of him?


Rory has been in love and in the end, it hurt. She did the right thing letting the man she loved go, but that didn’t make it any less painful. Now she’s picking up the pieces and when an old friend needs her help she acts. Rory is a fixer by nature, but what happens if helping a friend out turns into something much more?


I think what I loved most about this series is it was big on if you love someone be willing to let them go if its what’s best for them. The series as a whole shows different kinds of love and how it evolves over time and it was refreshing. You for sure need to read this series, you won’t regret it.

Star Ratings:
Plot-5/5
Characters-5/5
Heat-5/5
Writing style-5/5
Overall-5/5


No comments:

Post a Comment