Tuesday, June 12, 2018

REVIEW - Knocked Up - Stacey Lynn




TITLE - Knocked Up
AUTHOR - Stacey Lynn 





Blurb:




First comes love. Then comes marriage. Then comes baby in a baby carriage. Just not necessarily in that order. . . .
 
Braxton: I should probably be dead or in jail right now. Instead, thanks to some tough love, I worked my ass off and now I own a string of tattoo parlors throughout the Pacific Northwest. And yet the one thing I’ve always wanted—a family—still seems out of reach. When my best friend gets married, I’m just hoping to blow off some steam with the super-hot maid of honor. But after Cara Thompson tracks me down to tell me she’s pregnant, she’s more surprised than I am when I tell her I’m all in.
 
Cara: For the first time in my life, I’m living for myself—not for my parents and their ridiculous expectations. I gave up on my MBA, dropped out of the Ivy League, and moved to Portland to pursue my dream of becoming an artist. And what’s the first thing I do? Get knocked up. For a tatted-up sex god, Braxton Henley seems way too eager to “be there for me.” Is this guy serious? Maybe. He sure is patient. Because he won’t back down until I admit what I know in my heart: that our one night stand might’ve led me to the one.




Jennifer's Review:



Knocked Up is a wonderful, Surprise Baby romance! I am so happy I decided to read this book. I usually avoid books with a surprise pregnancy, but this one just called out to me. I wanted to know what would happen between these two characters just by reading the blurb. This book had some humor, but was mostly a good-hearted romance with a bit of heart-break.

Like I said before, I don’t usually buy into the surprise pregnancy thing, but I decided to give this one a chance. A one night stand turned into an accidental pregnancy? Most men would run, but Cara is surprised when Braxton says he is all in. Can they form a mutual beneficial friendship for the sake of their child or will they blur lines and end up in something that can destroy everything they have worked towards?

Cara is such a great character. I kinda really loved her. She moved out on her own after defying a family that was stifling. She suffered major loss, but still was able to stay strong and move on her life. I also liked how she didn’t just fall into Braxton and accept his words. She waited for his actions to back up what he was saying. That is a smart woman. Braxton was irritating at times, but I also liked how he cared about Cara immediately. He didn’t accuse her of lying like most men would if a woman just showed up out of the blue claiming to be pregnant. Instead, he immediately started to care for her. Whether they were together or not, he was going to take care of the woman who is carrying his child.

The heat in this book is there. These two characters obviously have chemistry. That’s how this situation happened to begin with. I will say that I wish we had a little bit of a prologue or maybe even a novella added to see what happened the night they met. We get bits and pieces, but I would really like to be drawn into it. Anyways, that past added to the layer needed to make the heat in this book on point.

The writing style of this book is good. I liked where she took the book. The pace of the book is steady. The action and romance believable. There were a couple of things I thought were missing, but they were small and didn’t take away from the book. My favorite part of this book is Cara. That and the accuracy of pregnancy for some women.

Overall, this was a wonderful book. I enjoyed reading it. I especially enjoyed the characters. They were so lively and realistic. I will say that I was surprised by parts of this book. I didn’t expect it, which is good because I don’t like predictable books. Great read!

Star Ratings:
Plot: 5/5
Characters: 5/5
Heat: 5/5
Writing Style: 5/5
Overall: 5/5



No comments:

Post a Comment