Thursday, April 24, 2014

Review - Maybe Someday - Colleen Hoover



Maybe Someday

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Yet another flawless story from Colleen Hoover. I don't even think, after reading this book that she's capable of writing anything less than amazing. Which is fantastic when you want to pick up a book that you know is going to be really good. The writing, characters and story or all so beautiful it's almost painful to reach the end.
Sydney, is a 21 almost 22 year old girl attending college, living with her best friend and blissfully happy with her boyfriend. That is until she finds out her room mate and boyfriend are also blissfully happy, quite a lot, behind her back.
Ridge is the gorgeous mystery neighbour, who lives across from Sydney and plays amazing guitar music every night at 8pm. On his balcony. Sydney knows this because she is there on her balcony every night at 8pm, watching, and singing along. So begins a friendship through text when Ridge realises Sydney is singing along to his songs with her own words.
From there on, I can't even begin to hint at the awesome story that unfolds from this beginning, Well, I can hint. As in the full on, typical Colleen Hoover emotional overload is ever present. The musical element of this book is also truly amazing. I could practically hear the music myself through the detailed scenes between the 2 of them. Yes, I now need to listen to the soundtrack that accompanies this, desperately.
The one thing I have always found with CH books is that I can never, ever, guess what is going to happen. It's always a whirlwind of crazy emotions and I'm still sat shocked at the end of it all. This book was no exception, I could never have guessed some of the pivotal facts in Ridge and Sydney's journey and I love that.
The un-putdown-able-ness (yep, great English :-s) of all CH books was ever present in Maybe Someday too. I literally couldn't stop reading, at all.
All her stories stick with you for a really long time. They are captivating and original and totally addictive. I'll be sat shell shocked over this book for days. Perfect as always. 5 stars.




No comments:

Post a Comment