Wednesday, April 5, 2017

REVIEW - Facing the Lutha - MJ Haag



TITLE - Facing the Lutha
AUTHOR - MJ Haag








BLURB:

Zepher’s gone missing, and Tink needs to determine why before she has another situation on her hands. 
The voices in her head are warning her to look deeper at her community, and what she learns isn’t good. She and Rogan haven’t yet escaped the influence of the girdack, and Zepher’s disappearance is just the beginning of the trouble waiting for them. 
Only one thing can possibly save her family: facing the Lutha.




REVIEW:


GIVE ME MORE! Facing the Lutha is a continuation of Escaping the Lutha by MJ Haag. Both are novellas, but they each pack a huge punch. This series has romance, mystery, and a lot of action surrounding the main characters. The author likes to keep readers guessing, but it is well worth it in the end. My only complaint, WE NEED MORE!

The plot of this ties into the first book. If you have not read it, then stop now and go back and read it or you will be lost. This plot is a little evolved since a lot of questions were answered in the first book. This book explores what happens after all the revelations and how the characters adjust and cope with the changes. It really is a wonderful story.

The characters are one of a kind. Tink has to be one of my favorite characters ever. She is so strong and compassionate. I truly love her in the “Mother Hen” role. Rogan is a wonderful character as well. He is a strong character who truly cares for our Tink. That right there makes him amazing all on its own. What I love about this story is that even with the two main characters, there are several minor characters that really add to the story and stand out on their own. It is like MJ Haag created her own little universe that we are allow to visit.

The heat in this book is written wonderfully. I feel that the author did an amazing job with writing scenes and show the chemistry and heat between characters, but also allows the characters to feel organic and not forced. This is something that is very important to me personally as a reader. I hate reading scenes that feel forced. I love that the author was able to get a bit steamier in this book as opposed to the last book as well. It felt like it fit with the storyline.

The author is a brilliant writer. I loved so much about the writing style that I will try to explain it the best I can. First, I loved how the book opened. It allowed readers to refresh their memory a bit and remind them what is at stake and what is going on. I also loved the dual point of views. I prefer dual point of views because I like having all the information possible, including thoughts from both characters. A dual point of view provides this to me. The pace in this book is nice and steady. I also love all the descriptions given. This author tells the story in a way readers can truly feel they are a part of this world she has created. What is even more impressive is that this is not even a full length novel!

Overall, I loved this novella. I love these characters and the whole story and the way it is presented. I would recommend this to others! I really hope the author continues with this story and allows readers to get more of Tink and Rogan because we cannot get enough! What an amazing job!

Star Ratings:
Plot: 5/5
Characters: 5/5
Heat: 5/5
Writing Style: 5/5
Overall: 5/5






No comments:

Post a Comment