Wednesday, April 19, 2017

REVIEW - Live out Loud - Marie Meyer




TITLE - Live out Loud
AUTHOR - Marie Meyer










BLURB:


I thought I'd live in silence forever . . . and then I met him.I'll never be able to hear, but music has always been a source of comfort for me. Rather than listen to the rhythm, I can actually feel the beat pulsing through me. It's pure bliss. So the moment I saw Thorin playing his guitar, I was mesmerized. I'd never seen anything more beautiful . . . or intimate. I couldn't tell where his body ended and the song began. He's everything I need in my life . . . I'm falling fast, hard, and deep.

I want him more than anything. But while I live in silence, Thor lives in secrets. He's holding something back-something that's keeping this intensity, this longing from being real. And the silence may be too loud to bear . . .



REVIEW:


“A rarely touched kind of love story, 5 stars”

Harper is all about defying the odds. Ever since she was little people have handled her with kid gloves. Don’t do this, don’t do that. Someone may hurt you or your feelings. You may be smart but you won't make it. She’s heard it all but hasn’t let it stop her. Because she doesn’t see her deafness as a disability. 

Thor is the typical bad boy from the wrong side of the tracks. He’s a musician just trying to get his break. Then one night a woman catches his eye, when he approaches her and discovers she's deaf it doesn’t make him want her less. Either they will end up friends or lovers, he doesn’t care as long as she’s in his life. Will the bad boy get his happily ever after with the rich girl?

Meyer knocked this one out of the dang park. Thor is swoon worthy and pure sin but in touch with his sweet side. He learns ASL for her, not because she asked but because he wanted to. Harper is a strong, independent woman who only fully blossoms with Thor's help. They make each other the best people they can be.

I absolutely loved it. Meyer gave the deaf community a beautiful voice when they are so often over looked. Then there are the secondary characters and they all tie the story into a perfect bow.


Here are a couple quotes from Live Out Loud I loved;

“With just one look, she makes me believe I’m some sort of superhero. How did a screw up like me end up with her?”

“The fact that Thor wants to learn, and is eager, it’s the most incredible feeling in the world, like my cells are infused with nitrous oxide—a hint of sweetness in my mouth along with a light, giddy disposition chasing away all the sad memories of my childhood. Who needs laughing gas when Thorin Kline’s around?”

“I love his hands. Talented, skilled, beautiful. Able to coax music from a silent instrument. They can make a car purr with life. Gentle. Protective. Strong. Loud when they speak.”


Star Ratings:

Plot- 5/5
Characters- 5/5
Heat- 5/5
Writing styles- 5/5
Overall- 5/5







No comments:

Post a Comment