Tuesday, June 5, 2018

REVIEW - The Girl & Her Ren - Pepper Winters



TITLE - The Girl & Her Ren (Ribbon Duet #2)
AUTHOR - Pepper Winters






Blurb:

“What do you do when you write down all your secrets? No…that’s not enough. What do you do when you write down all your secrets and the one person who should never read them does?
I’ll tell you what you do.
You hope.”


REN
Ren didn’t know the meaning of love until he took Della for his own.
To begin with he hated her, but as the months bled into years, he learned the opposite of hate, dedicating his life to giving her everything.
Every sacrifice, every gift, he gave wholeheartedly.
But then love turned to lust and ruined everything.

DELLA
I was stupid to write my secrets down, but I’d been stupid before so it was nothing new.
I couldn’t blame him, hate him, fix him.
I tried to move on without him.
But no matter what I did, I couldn’t seem to delete the secrets I’d written.
Until something happened.
Until he came back and read my stupid secrets.
And nothing was the same after that.




Lou's Review:



Well, I can safely say I'm now broken. It's been a really long time since I read a book that put me through a cycle on a washing machine. I was up and down, laughing and full on ugly crying, nervous and excited. This book literally pulls every emotion out of you. 

I fell in love with Ren & Della in The Boy and his Ribbon, I honestly didn't think things could get more intense in their story, it was such a whirlwind in that book alone. Once I started reading The Girl and her Ren, I was dubious to whether there would be enough of a story left to keep the book gripping, I know their story wasn't over, but I honestly didn't think it would take a whole (and massive) second book to finish it up, I assumed most of the story had been told in the first book. Wow I was so completely wrong. How on earth does Pepper Winters cram so much into a book, there is no down parts, slow parts or boring bits. It's non stop from page one until the epilogue. I actually felt completely exhausted when I finished reading it. 

It's now blatantly obvious that Pepper Winters really does have some sort of superpower when it comes to writing. There aren't that many authors these days, that consistently pull it out of the bag each and every time they release a new story, but Pepper is definitely one of the few. She has sheer genius storytelling skills.

Not just The Girl and her Ren, but The Ribbon Duet must be read, I wholeheartedly recommend to anyone who loves to have their emotions completely thrown about, but also needs to have a book that takes over everything for a few hours, because believe me you won't be able to put it down.

Sad & Heartbreaking, but also beautiful and awe inspiring. Perfect story. 5 stars. 





No comments:

Post a Comment