Tuesday, May 26, 2015

REVIEW - Family Secrets - Kasey Millstead


TITLE: Family Secrets

AUTHOR: Kasey Millstead




SYNOPSIS:



Secrets. Every family has them.

The unseen. The unheard. The things that would tear a family apart if discovered.

Cassidy Delaney has a secret. One she wished she didn’t have to keep.

Brock Mason thought the secret was safe.

He had no idea their secret wasn’t the only one Cassidy was hiding.


 MY THOUGHTS:

Family Secrets is a book about step siblings who fall in love. 
I really liked the "secret" that Cassi kept and how it came to light. 
Other than that I did not find too much of the book that I liked. 
The book itself seems to become compartmentalized. 
I felt like the scenes of the book did not flow together, at the end there's a specific scene that seems out of place. 
I also feel that the story was not developed fully, as I never truly felt invested in the relationship between the two main characters. 
I felt like the story was rushed, and that we never truly get enough of the past, to see why these two should be together. 
I also think that Cassi introduced Brock into her life, after reconnecting way too soon, it seemed too unrealistic. 
Overall I think this book could be a great story, but it needs to be developed more. 




*Received an arc in return for an honest review.*

STAR RATING - 2.5 STARS


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25282785-family-secrets?from_search=true&search_version=service


CLICK COVER TO PURCHASE


 





No comments:

Post a Comment