Tuesday, May 19, 2015

REVIEW - Never Never: Part 2 - Colleen Hoover & Tarryn Fisher





SYNOPSIS

“Never forget that I was your first real kiss. 

Never forget that you’ll be my last. 

And never stop loving me between all of them.
 

Never stop, Charlie. 

Never forget.” 


Silas races against time as more truths unravel, while others twist tighter together.
And now, the stakes are higher as Silas’ control slips and others begin to point fingers.

Charlie is in trouble and he must be the one to bridge the chasm between their past and their present.
Because somewhere between I love yous and Never Nevers and Never Agains, a truth they can't imagine, beckons to be found.

“Where are you, Charlie?”



MY THOUGHTS


Okay, so yes this part 2. Part 3 and the ending is still to come. BUT, I actually feel far more enlightened after Part 2, much more so than after Part 1.

So, Part 1 of Never, Never left us with a huge cliffhanger of doom, and emptiness. (Yep I'm going with melodrama) It actually left me with a crazy book hangover for a couple of weeks. I was sat trying to get my head around, all the facts we had been given, and those still missing.
So by the time Never, Never Part 2 came along. I was more than ready for some answers.

Charlie and Silas, friends since well, forever. Dating since 14. Crazy in love for years. Wake up one day when 18, and have zero clue who the other one is. Oh and no clue who they are either. So, basically no knowledge of well anything.

So, in the first part of the trilogy, we see the next 48 hours, alternating between the 2 characters, and trying to work out what the hell has happened. And why they can't remember themselves, or anyone else.
They have clues scattered far and wide. It's like a massive 1000 piece puzzle, that someone has thrown up in the air, and let the pieces scatter everywhere, far and wide, and now they have to find them all, and piece back together.

At the end of Part 2, Charlie is missing. Having walked off by herself, after a fight with Silas. But she has no purse, and no phone.
Silas, finds a letter written to Charlie, that Charlie and Silas had written the week before, to themselves, explaining what they had found out so far. Turns out, it has already happened twice before, and if the pattern is consistent. It will happen again, every 48 hours. Which by the time Silas has finished reading, is in the next few minutes.
So we were left with, a chunk of knowledge, but not quite enough yet, and Charlie is missing, and they are about to lose their memories again.


Not in love.

Not at all.

Never Never.


So on to Part 2.

Obviously Silas wakes up in the car, where he was left in Part 1. Letters strewn around him. And again, zero knowledge of who he is, where he is, or any other information.
Plus, Charlie is still missing.


I'm worried about her.
I need to find her.


Silas catches up, by reading the letter, and notes made. He's still completely thrown, and has no idea what to think. But he is probably in a better place than Charlie. Who will wake up, god knows where, with no memory. He knows he has to find her fast. He only has 48 hours, before it happens again.


I'm obviously in love with her. Or at least I was in love with her.
What happened to us?
What happened to her?


So that really is all I'm going to say about the content, as this series is pretty much, the most compelling thing, I have read this year. It really is like a mystery, that is being put together, with tiny little details at a time.

This time we get to see snippets of Silas and Charlies past, through letters written to each other, or journal entries. That Silas found. Which I have to say were incredibly sweet. They had something so special, that I'm dying for them to get their full memory back, and find out what went wrong.

I also learned in this part, every little detail means something. Even the small stuff, take it all in and file it in a little memory box, it will be needed.


"So what's the deal with us?" she asks. "Are we like....in love and shit?
I laugh out loud for the first time since yesterday morning.
"Yeah," I say, still laughing.
"Aparently I've been in love and shit with you for eighteen years now."


Now, when I read Part 1, I literally had zero clue what was going on. I absolutely loved it, of course the writing was compelling, it had to be with two incredible authors, and that made the story even more gripping.
But, I had no theories. I could make some guesses, but I knew they were completely wrong. It had been so cleverly written, that I just didn't know where to start, to try and break it down, and work out what was going on. All I knew, was the main facts we were given.

So, upon reading Part 2, I actually felt like I could start making theories and guesses. We had been given a different set of clues this time, and put them together with the clues from Part 1, and things started to make far more sense.
I'm obviously not going to give my theories in this review, as that would be a whopping big spoiler, but I've tucked them away, until the release of Part 3, and I'm wondering how close I will be, to the truth.

Again, I have to mention, this series has blown me away, right from the start. Every single page gripped me. But even with a killer storyline, and a genius concept. It wouldn't be quite so incredible without the amazing authors to write it. Both Colleen Hoover and Tarryn Fisher have stand out, gripping writing styles. They are both known for it, and they are obviously, completely different. So for both of them to come together and blend so perfectly and seamlessly, was pretty epic! They both bring all the tricks they have, and make it work amazingly well together.

It's actually going to be quite hard, as well as amazing, of course, to read the final part in the Never, Never series. As much as I want to know what happened, more than anything, once it's all done, it's over. And I have loved the Never, Never mystery. I don't want it to end!
Again, I can't recommend this book, (and series) enough. Don't whatever you do, read it without reading Never, Never Part 1 first. Or your head will explode, simple!
But if you love a good mystery, and guessing game, with genius writing, and know that underneath it all, is an epic romance, then get this now! :)


Never forget that I was your first real kiss. Never forget you'll be my last.

And never stop loving me between all of them.

Never stop, Charlie.

Never forget.

~ Silas



MY STAR RATING - 5 STARS!







https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/24422492-never-never




CLICK COVERS TO PURCHASE PART 1 & PART 2


 Part 1



Never, Never (Part 1)




https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/24378015-never-never


Best friends since they could walk. In love since the age of fourteen.
Complete strangers since this morning.
He'll do anything to remember. She'll do anything to forget. 



MY REVIEW OF PART 1

No comments:

Post a Comment