Friday, August 7, 2015

REVIEW - Giving In To You - L.M. Carr




TITLE: Giving In To You


AUTHOR: L.M. Carr






Synopsis:


Second grade teacher, Mia Delaney, isn’t looking for love. In fact, she isn’t looking for anything at all because life hasn’t been fair. Everything—the idea of love, her hopes and dreams—was ripped away in a single night.
Arrogant yet sexy Adam Lawson makes the move to a small town in an attempt to escape life in the city. Here he hopes to provide a fresh start for those he loves and protects with a vow to never let anyone get close enough to hurt them again. 
A chance encounter with Miss Delaney begins a relentless pursuit that has Adam breaking his own rules when he makes an offer she simply can’t refuse. Despite her internal struggles, Mia knows there’s no denying the attraction between them. 
But when acquaintances become friends and friends become enemies, Adam’s need to protect those around him becomes even more crucial. Will the tangled web of lies and betrayal combined with past insecurities become too much for them to handle?





My Review:


This was quite a catchy and easy read. I wasn't quite sure what I thought when I first started reading. 
Mia Delaney, is a teacher. She has quite a straightforward life. And she likes it simple. But things weren't always simple, and she has had quite the past. Not that we really find any of that out to start with. 

One day while running, she ends bumping into a gorgeous stranger. He looks quite mysterious, yet feisty Mia, isn't interested in some new cocky new guy, who thinks he is god's gift to women. She thinks that's the end of that, yet that is just the first of many times she is to run in to Adam Lawson. Starting with her first day back at school, after summer. And this gorgeous stranger, is now one of her new parents in a very small town!

So begins a lot of chemistry, quick wit and lines, and cat and mouse style scenes. They are very funny, and sexy and easy reading. 

But what I loved about this book, that made it stand out from the crowd, was they way it switched gears and changed into a book with a lot of twists and turns, mystery and secrets. My favourite kind. 

Mia is a great character, I love her tenacity, and headstrong attitude, especially with what we later find out she has been through, in her life. It just made me admire her, that much more. 

Adam I was never 100% sure about, he irritated me to start with, with the whole, 'I don't want a relationship, I just want a quick fling, and I want it now, grrrrrr' sorta alpha caveman attitude. I've seen that sort of male in so many books, it gets tiring, but I must admit, I did start to warm to Adam, and by the end I really liked him, and was definitely rooting for him and Mia as an epic couple. 

Now this book has kind of a weird ending, and I know the next book is almost out, so it's not worth flapping over. But I'm thinking the end is a kind of clue to something bigger, but I'm not entirely sure on that. What I do know is, it certainly enticed me to read on to the next book.

So all in all, a great read. With plenty of angst, and twists and turns. Also plenty of moments for tissues. In the best possible meaning. :-/ A great book, and highly recommended. 



Star Ratings:

Plot = 4/5
Characters = 4/5
Heat = 4/5
Writing Style = 4/5
Overall Rating = 4/5 






CLICK COVER TO PURCHASE:



No comments:

Post a Comment