Friday, August 7, 2015

REVIEW - King - T.M. Frazier




TITLE - King

AUTHOR - T.M. Frazier





Synopsis:




Homeless. Hungry. Desperate.

Doe has no memories of who she is or where she comes from.

A notorious career criminal just released from prison, King is someone you don’t want to cross unless you’re prepared to pay him back in blood, sweat, pu$$y or a combination of all three.

King’s future hangs in the balance. Doe’s is written in her past. When they come crashing together, they will have to learn that sometimes in order to hold on, you have to first let go. 


Warning: This book contains graphic violence, consensual and nonconsensual sex, drug use, abuse, and other taboo subjects and adult subject matter. Although originally slated to be a standalone, KING is now a two part series.





My Review:



WOW!!!!!!
Yep WOW!!
Still WOW!!

Urgh um okay, so more words needed. I finished this last night, and it seriously blew me away. I was getting to the point, where I was getting seriously fed up, of mediocre stories. Always lacking something, or needing something bigger. This book came at the perfect time, to renew my faith in compelling stories, and books that literally take over your world for a few hours. 

Now, I'm a big fan of summaries in my reviews, as anyone who reads them know. BUT I have wanted to read this book since it came out, and to be honest I hardly knew what it was about, except for the blurb on the back, which I had forgotten, I just knew I wanted to read it, the hype had me foaming at the mouth. But of course, I had books to read first. Anyways, back to my point as I went in to this book without reading any reviews, or having any knowledge of what happens, I think it made reading this book, 10 x better. I had no clue what was coming, and I loved every minute of it. So, I'm not going summarise in my review either. You need to read this book with no warnings, or prior knowledge. 

So, what you will get with this book is an incredibly gritty, honest and brutal story. It leaves nothing out, holds nothing back, and delivers an epic story. A love story, but not a conventional one, a compelling, addictive love story. 

The characters have to be one of the best parts of this story. Doe, is absolutely hands down awesome. She is innocent, yet so clued up, sharp and feisty. Her beauty is natural, and she has no clue the effect she has on men. She takes everything thrown at her, and still gets back up and moves on. So unbelievably strong, given her circumstances.

King. What can I say, he is perfection in book boyfriend material, and completely worth drooling all over my kindle for. Hugely tall, and built. Covered in ink. Loud, mean, and mouthy, and makes no apologies for it. But he is sharp, and loyal, and you can't help but fall in love with him. 

Preppy, *sigh* Don't even get me started on this awesome characters. I can't even begin to explain him. He has to be experienced as part of the story, fresh and no prior knowledge. 

If you decide to read this book, which I really hope you do, you won't be disappointed. It's a completely crazy whirlwind of forces. It will leave you frazzled, and crying, and tugging out your hair. But also in awe of the incredible writing style of T.M. Frazier, this author can tell a story, I was hooked by just the prologue, and couldn't get to the end fast enough, too fast, I wanted to start again. Now I'm going to have to hunt down her other books, to tie me over until Tyrant is released. Which I have to say, I'm stupidly excited to read. The ending of King has left me going crazy. So many twists, turns, massive shocker reveals, it was a crazy few chapters at the end, and I'm desperate to get to Tyrant!

Hugely recommend this book, massive amounts. If you love your books raw, gritty, and a little twisted and nasty, with gorgeous inked up nasty men, and strong awe inspiring women, and some freaking hot sex scenes, then you seriously must grab this book, right now!!! :)


"This is the last time I'm going to ask you this, pup.
Do you want me?" King asked, his lips finding mine again, asking the same question with his demanding kiss.




Star Ratings:

Plot = 6/5
Characters = 6/5
Heat = 6/5
Writing Style = 6/5
Overall Rating = 10/5 





CLICK COVER TO PURCHASE:


No comments:

Post a Comment