Wednesday, March 1, 2017

REVIEW - The Boxer - Piper Rayne




TITLE - The Boxer
AUTHOR - Piper Rayne








Blurb:


“Who knew a bad boy could mend a broken heart?" 


What does a girl do after she discovers her fiancĂ© is a cheating bastard? 

In my case, I performed the ritual implosion of all scorned women. I drowned my sorrows in cases of white wine, wallowed in gallons of ice cream, and ignited a bonfire to burn away every damn remnant of his existence. Six months later, the only result was a permanent impression of my ass on the couch. 

Adventure Dating my friends dared. 
A new and exciting opportunity they said. 

I thought they were crazy, but I’m not one to back down from a challenge, so I signed up for the entire four-week deal. 
That’s where I saw HIM. Lucas Cummings. He isn’t the classic rich boy I usually end up with. The one whose idea of working up a sweat is waiting for his margarita to be served beachside. Nope. He’s a rough and tough bad boy that all fathers warn their daughters about. You know the type. Cocky swagger, chiseled jaw—the ‘V’. 

SOLD, I said to myself, until I discovered he was so much more than just a BOXER. 

Left Hook. 
Right to the heart. 

This is a standalone book in The Modern Love World. You do not need to read book one, The Bartender, in order to read The Boxer. 


Review:


So this book starts where the first book - The Bartender left off with Tahl finding out her fiance, Chase cheating on her and left her heartbroken. Whitney and Lennon have seen enough of Tahl just moping around, so they took her out to an event. A boxing event. That is when she bumps into Lucas standing in line. She doesn't know it yet but Lucas is the boxer tonight-the underdog. Well after a few drinks , the night gets embarrassing and well her friends Whit and Lennon sign Tahl up for an adventure dating club for one month. Tahl doesn't want to do it but she's going to show her friends she isn't a quitter! Everywhere she goes she runs into Lucas. 

I liked reading about Tahl and Lucas. Both of them keeping some personal info to themselves afraid of what the other will think. In the beginning Tahl was broken-hearted but with her friends help and having a sassy type attitude the more I could relate to her. 
Lucus , damn what can I say about that guy. He is an alpha that is caring. Respects woman and holy hell he knows how to please. Oh and did I mention he is hot. 

Piper Rayne continue with this modern love series. I love how there is more to the story than sex. Although the sex is good- It was getting hot in here! While reading, I could connect with the characters like I was there. The writing flowed nicely from chapter to chapter. I really am enjoying this Romantic-Comedy series. 
I can't wait to read The Banker coming in April! 

"My mouth waters as the guy who propositioned me a half hour ago strips off his robe, revealing a set of abs I'm quite positive could wash the panties I just soaked. Jesus, he's hot, with not one ounce of fat on him. His black silk shorts have a white band of fabric around his waist that says Raging Bull."

"Hopefully my friend returns soon so I can uncomplicate you."

Star Ratings:
Plot-5/5
Characters-5/5
Heat- 5/5
Writing Style- 5/5
Overall Rating- 5/5






No comments:

Post a Comment