Friday, March 10, 2017

REVIEW - The Sex Bucket List - Prescott Lane



TITLE - The Sex Bucket List 
AUTHOR - Prescott Lane








BLURB:

I’m Emerson, and my “to do” list is longer than I’d like. You might wonder what kind of woman comes up with a sex bucket list? Answer — the kind who’s been in a sex drought, has two crazy girlfriends encouraging her, and one too many bottles of wine. 

This kind of list requires special skill. And I have just the man in mind to help me. He’s younger. So that checks one thing off my list. And he’s the kind of man every woman should sleep with at least once in her life. The kind of man who knows his way around a woman’s body. And God, I’d like him to know mine.

Armed with new lingerie and a fancy high-tech vibrator, I’m taking charge. Of love, of life, and my libido. How hard can that be? Well, judging by the rate of pole dancing injuries, I might be in trouble.

But how much trouble can one woman get in? Giving your panties to a stranger isn’t illegal in Georgia, is it?

Grab a pen and make your own Sex Bucket List!


REVIEW:


“If your parent you'll get it, 5 stars”


I will be completely honest with you, when The Sex Bucket List came up for review I just took it. I didn’t read the description, just saw the title and went with it. I am so glad I did.

Mateo knew he wanted Emerson from the moment he met her. Only problem was she wasn’t ready to move on from her ex husband. So he waited her out. Then one day he saw a piece of paper with ‘The Sex Bucket List’ on top which propelled him towards her.

Emerson's marriage fell apart right in front of her eyes. She never wanted a broken family but sometimes you don’t get what you want. She hasn’t felt desired in years and is finally ready to start taking care of herself. 

Emerson never saw Mateo happening, her kids are all taking it in different ways, and her ex decides after two years he wants her back. Will she appease her kids and be with their dad or put herself first for once and follow her heart to Mateo?

I loved the story because from the mom aspect I totally got the humor. It was like a giant amen sister going off in her head. I couldn’t personally connect on the divorce part but I got it. I was Team Mateo all the way. I think what I loved most was how Emerson changed. With Mateo she developed a different view point. 

There is an article or blog post out there called ‘why I put my wife before our kids’ and basically it says you need to put as much effort into your marriage as you do your kids. One day the kids will be out of the house and it will be just you and your spouse. It's a fantastic read and is literally the way my husband and I are. And by the end of The Sex Bucket List Emerson was in that mind set, which made me happy. 

I could go off on a tangent about how we lose ourselves as individuals when we have kids and how sometimes we need to be more selfish, but I wont. The Sex Bucket List was heat, romance, with a heavy dose of reality in it. I will definitely recommend it. 

Here are a few quotes that got me from the story;

“And if I start calling him my bae, just shoot me. Who invented that stupid word?”

"There simply aren’t enough hours in the day to be a mom, wife, daughter, friend, sister, boss, worker, and volunteer. What usually happens is we put ourselves last on the list. We forego sleep, exercise, nutrition, new clothes, haircuts, friendships—anything in the name of being a 'good' mom and wife. The pressure and guilt are overwhelming."


Star Ratings:
Plot- 5/5
Heat- 5/5
Characters- 5/5 
Writing style- 5/5
Overall- 5/5





No comments:

Post a Comment