Monday, March 6, 2017

REVIEW - Soulmates - Nadine Nightingale




TITLE - Soulmates 
AUTHOR - Nadine Nightingale




Pre-Order now, Releases March 10th




Blurb:

Alex is a righteous witch hunter. I’m a stab-worthy witch. We loved each other once. Now, we can’t stand to be near each other. It’s my fault. We are natural born enemies, after all. I had to help him save his brother from a psychotic voodoo priest, though. What can I say? I like Little Remington as much as I pretend to dislike Alex. Besides, he promised to never bother me again after that.


He kept his end of the bargain. I left my dubious life behind and started over. All is well. Until— 

The truth about a deal with hell is revealed. I have to choose between the ultimate sacrifice or losing jerk-face forever. One will live, one will die. Who, solely depends on my selfishness.

Review:


“Drag me to hell, 5 stars”

When I reviewed Karma, the first book in the series, I said Karma was probably my favorite paranormal book that I had reviewed in a long time. Well Karma, Soulmates just pushed you aside, and I can say it’s been my favorite paranormal read since Karma came out. Soulmates sucks you in and there is no stopping. There's action, suspense, mystery, with a hint of romance. Its straight up addicting. 

“I love the way we hate,”

Alex and Amanda walk a fine line between love and hate. They were conditioned to hate one another since birth but sometimes fate has other plans. Alex’s life is on the line and the only one who can save him is Amanda. Question is will she have to make a deal with the devil in order to do so?

“Jesse and Alex are like Twix — two parts of a yummy chocolate bar. I can’t picture them existing separately.”

There are so many things I love about this story. I love the pull between Alex and Amanda. I love how Alex and his brother Jesse remind me of The Winchester brothers from Supernatural, and I love Bonnie the snarky protective best friend of Amanda's. 

I was excited to see more into Amanda’s past, but I’m looking forward to finding out more about Leandro the baby who looks like Amanda. 
I hope Nadine gives us more than three books about this whole crew. Because I don't think I will ever be able to say goodbye to this group. With that said I can't wait for book three!


Star Ratings:
Plot- 5/5
Characters- 5/5
Heat- 5/5
Writing style- 5/5
Overall- 5/5




No comments:

Post a Comment