Tuesday, March 14, 2017

REVIEW - Learning to Live - Kira Adams

Learning to Live (Infinite Love, #1)

TITLE - Learning To Live
AUTHOR - Kira Adams








BLURB:

Ciera
All I wanted was to be able to make it through my senior year. I didn’t need the stares, the jokes, or the bullies. I thought I could do it all on my own, but I was wrong. He filled my veins like a poison, the kind you can’t run from. Harsh and uncaring, he was broken, but somewhere along the way he seeped into my pores. There was no way out, so that left me with one choice: to open his eyes to the beauty around him. To help him live. 

Topher
She wasn’t on my agenda; it was fate’s cruel way of telling me I needed to get my shit together. To be fair, my head was so far up my ass, I’m not sure how we extracted it. I knew the power I held over my peers, I exuded it daily. I could have any girl I wanted at the snap of my fingers, and yet I found myself fantasizing about her-someone so far off my radar it wasn’t even funny. She helped me understand that sometimes you need to let go to really live. Sometimes being alive means taking risks. 

Learning to Live is the first book in the Infinite Love series.




REVIEW:


“Angst, tear jerker, 5 stars”

If you are not prepared to ugly cry, then back away now. Learning to Live is emotionally gut wrenching. There is no happy ending, but it’s satisfying. It’s a story about self discovery.

Ciera has never had it easy. She grew up poor leaving her to be the perfect target for bullying. But she doesn’t care, she knows what the meaning of life is, or so she thinks. Ciera thinks her road is a straight dead end but when she least expects it a curve is thrown in.

Topher is the rich popular jock. He’s got the girl and everyone thinks his life is perfect, but its not. He’s over the whole scene. Some how some way the girl who’s been the victim of his groups crimes is the girl who’s caught his eye. But will he keep it?

Ciera teaches Topher everthing he needs to know about how to be a functioning member of society. Together they learn, together they grow, but it wont last. 
Go on the journey with these two. You'll swoon one minute then the next you will use up a box of tissues. I recommend reading in the safety of your own home. 

“I experienced an epic love, one people only dream of finding.”

“It’s as if he knows that all I need right now is a friend. And even though there are things he’s done to me in the past that I may never forget, this is a huge step in the right direction to moving past them. Maybe I can forgive him. Maybe he deserves that.”

“You have the most beautiful heart. You are an incredible person, Ciera. I’m sorry it took me so long to realize this.”

Star Ratings:
Plot- 5/5
Characters- 5/5
Heat- 4/5
Writing style- 5/5
Overall- 5/5




No comments:

Post a Comment