Thursday, May 9, 2019

Release + Review - Stina Lindenblatt - Fix me up Cowboy




BLURB 

Mirror, mirror on the wall, who’s the sexiest cowboy of them all…

As a Beverly Hills princess, I prefer Egyptian sheets, designer labels, and shopping on Rodeo Drive.
Cleaning stables? Definitely not my thing.
After my great-aunt dies, I volunteer to go to Copper Creek, Montana to tie uploose ends and put the house she willed me on the market.
The last thing I expect to find is irritating, yet sexier-than-sin Noah Daniels.
***
Nine years ago, I left town only to return with a broken heart, a love for restoring vintage cars, and the plan to never leave Copper Creek again.
When hotter-than-hell Kate Snow decides to fix up her great-aunt’s house, turning down her offer isn’t an option. She needs the extra hands so she can meet her deadline.
And I need the extra cash.
But the job comes with additional perks: Hanging out with Kate. Teaching her about horses.
The mind-blowing sex with her. 
What I haven’t planned on is for my heart to be a willing part of the deal—a deal that could result in Kate landing her dream job. In Beverly Hills.
PURCHASE LINKS
Google Play: http://bit.ly/2GYDyUx
ALSO AVAILABLE
#1 Cowboy Most Wanted – FREE for a limited time!!
Google Play: http://bit.ly/2PTgRUZ

Erin's Review 
Cowboy Most Wanted Book #1


This was my first time reading anything from Stina Lindenblatt.  It was a fun read that ticked all sort of fun romance boxes-cowboy, reality TV, second chance love, and brotherly antics.  Cowboy Most Wanted is book one in a three book series.


Our plot found TJ and Violet thrown together after a long time apart.  Poor TJ is being forced into a cowboy romance reality show. Violet is the shows photographer.  Through all sorts of ups and downs of brotherly love, reality television, and romance, Cowboy Most Wanted created a fun read.

I loved TJ’s intro on the blurb-his love of Norse mythology and Marvel among other things were very endearing.  He loves his brothers and their family ranch. He’s a great guy who strives to make good choices for the greater good and deal with some tough situations.  Violet is TJ’s childhood friend. She’s back in town and has some baggage. Least of which is the fact that they’re both still attracted to each other, despite Violet being TJ’s best friend’s sister.  Tough choices must be faced.

TJ has been attracted to Violet since before she left, but never acted on it.  Violet felt the same way, but had to leave to explore her future. Now that they’re back in the same small town and forced to interact, the chemistry comes boiling back to the surface.  They try to keep it professional, but their friendship and the nature of small towns keeps putting them together. And the sparks fly when they’re together! Together the two create some steamy situations with TJ’s love of dirty talk.  

I couldn’t quite stay interested in the story.  It was a great story, and I liked all the characters, but the pace was a bit up and down.  And while I liked all the characters, I found it a bit tricky to keep them all straight at times.  At the same time, I liked the idea and execution of the plot. Everything seemed to wrap up every to neatly in the end though, which was nice for a romance; but seemed a bit too quick and tidy.  

Despite the ups and downs and troubling aspect of reality television, I liked the story and characters and the ideas of the plots in all the books.  I can’t wait to see what book two has in store.

Favorite Quotes:
“My first thought is that God has rolled a massive joint and is blowing smoke in my face.”
“My heart acts like a newbie line dancer stumbling a few beats.”

Star Ratings:
Plot = 4/5 Characters = 4/5 Heat = 4/5 Writing Style = 3/5 Overall Rating = 4/5


#2 Once Upon a Cowboy 
Google Play: http://bit.ly/2VeXxHk


Erin's Review 
Once Upon a Cowboy Book #2



Once Upon a Cowboy is the fun second book in this series.  It can be read as a standalone, but is will be best enjoyed after reading book one.  This book brought a lot of smiles to my face at the smashed up fairy tale references and laughter and love.  It definitely provides a happily ever after.

I enjoyed this fun take on a Cinderella story, with friends turning to lovers.  The plot twists and turns in most interesting ways, very true to life. Rules are made, and broken; people are awkward  but good.

I loved Sophie!  A girl next door type, who is good looking but flawed; strong in her convictions and passionate about her profession.  But she’s ready for more in her life than horses and friends. Unfortunately she’s not so good with the opposite gender, making her quest for a happily ever after more difficult.  Jake has been loving Sophie from afar, but after being burned by workplace romance, he’s bound and determined to just be her friend. Jake’s life has been only the ranch in recent years, but that has left his life a bit empty.  So helping his friend in a fairy godfather role is an interesting turn of events that have them both re-evaluating life choices..

The heat and chemistry in this book seems even better than book one.  Sophie’s bumbling with everyone else makes it all that more real of an interaction with Jake.  And since they’ve been lusting after each other for some time, they connect in quite the sexy way!

This book read a bit more evenly than the first one, though still a bit awkward in times.  I was drawn into their story so i could see how in the world they’d make their relationship work.  I had fun with all the messed up fairy tale tidbits, and the end was amazing at Disneyland.

Gotta admit, I’m invested, and can’t wait to see what’s in store for the last brother.  And the crazy antics of the citizens of Copper Creek. Who am I kidding, I hope that Austin gets a book, and even Ryan, and Aubrey.  

Favorite Quotes:
“I knew I couldn’t breathe without you around.  You were my oxygen, Sophie. You still are. And I’ll do anything to prove it to you.”


Star Ratings:
Plot = 3/5 Characters = 4/5 Heat = 5/5 Writing Style = 3/5 Overall Rating = 4/5


AUTHOR BIO
Born in Brighton England, Stina Lindenblatt has lived in a number of countries, including England, the US, Finland, and Canada. This would explain her mixed up accent. She has a kinesiology degree and a MSc in sports biological sciences. In addition to writing fiction, she loves photography, especially the close-up variety, and currently lives in Calgary, Canada, with her husband and three kids.
AUTHOR LINKS
GIVEAWAY 
There is a giveaway for a $20 Amazon gift card (US or Canada only) OR a $20 Chapters Indigo gift card (Canada only)
Direct Link: 





Erin's Review 
Fix me up Cowboy Book #3


This is my favorite book so far in the series!  I loved reading about Kate, and seeing more of Noah.  Again, this third book can be read as a standalone, but is best enjoyed after reading the first two books in the series.  It’s an interesting tale of two people from very different backgrounds as they collide and mesh.

This is more than just a cowboy romance, it’s so much more!  Our cowboy Noah meets his match in Kate, a spoiled heiress from L.A.  Two different worlds, two different mindsets, backgrounds, friends and families; yet they seem to hit it off in this fun book!

We’ve seen Noah in the first two books, but it’s so nice to see more of him, and get his backstory.  He’s got some struggles and hiccups in his past. He gives off a fun and carefree vibe, but it’s covering a kind and generous soul.  Kate is in town after losing a long lost great aunt. She’s got her own past to overcome, and find a new future. Noah shows Kate some of the charm of small town life in Copper Creek.  Kate may be my favorite female character o fMs. Lindenblatt so far; overcoming her tragedy and making a new future for herself as well. She’s strong in a quiet and unassuming way that I related to quite well.

What starts off as a temporary thing after they manage to annoy each other to pieces, turns into something more.  They both need companionship, but more than that, they complete each other and see each other, and most of all make each other better...in bed and in life.  These two manage to make their differences work, and it works well for theirm.

I think the differences between these two made it more interesting and quick to read.  Kate’s family made it easier to love Noah and all his fantastic townsfolk. Despite not being part of either a ranch or anywhere near Beverly Hills, I was able to relate to both characters and follow their lives-though Noah of course was a very convincing factor for Copper Creek.

This was a fantastic addition to the Copper Creek novels.  My favorite, and I can’t wait to see what happens to the remaining single characters, and come back to see more of my favorites.

Favorite Quotes:
“The last person in the world I need to get involved with is a cowboy.  Especially one who likes to irritate me half the time.”
“Some people treat trust like it’s something they don’t have to earn or nurture.  If they break it, it’s not a big deal. Only it is…”
“Let me tell you, Kate in a tight tank top while swinging a sledgehammer is both scary and a turn-on.”
“There’s something comforting about being with the man you like while blanked by the sounds and scents of nature.  And let’s not forget the tantalizing scent that’s all Noah.”

Star Ratings:
Plot = 4/5 Characters = 5/5 Heat = 5/5 Writing Style = 4/5 Overall Rating = 4/5



No comments:

Post a Comment