Monday, July 31, 2017

REVIEW - The Leverager - C.L Masonite




TITLE - The Leverager 
AUTHOR - C.L Masonite





Pre-Order from


Releases August 4th



BLURB:



No one knows who The Leverager is, or if they do, they keep his identity a closely guarded secret. You ask to him to do a favor, any favor and he’ll do it, for a price in return of course. 


He’s exclusive; he meets the needs of his clients one at a time. They say his price is different according to each client, sometimes it’s money, sometimes it’s trade secrets and sometimes it’s a favor that you’ll have to repay in the future. 

The price is always extortionate—when you make a deal with the devil it always is. And I was willing to pay.

REVIEW:


This book was unlike any others I have read recently. I really enjoyed this book and think others will too. I will mention that there are some very serious topics discussed in this book that could be triggers for some. There is a lot of mystery, redemption, heat, romance, and, most importantly, healing in this book. Honestly, I think everyone should give this book a try.


This book caught my attention because of the blurb. I just wanted to know what the Leverager really did. I didn’t expect what I found. This plot was wonderfully written. The main female character is broken and in need of assistance from the Leverager, but not the kind you would expect. This book made me laugh and cry. At times, I was on the edge of my seat with anticipation for the next scene. 
Hendrik is a dangerous man. He leads a life that others would find surprising and scary. He has a past that haunts him. Emerson also has a past that haunts her. She is lost in life trying to find her way while also trying to heal on her own. She is damaged goods that just needs someone to come along and handle with care. The big question is can they heal each other or will they just cause more damage in the end?

Due to the nature of this book, it would seem like there would not be much heat, but you would be wrong. This book is all about healing and finding ways to heal. One of the ways for Emerson to heal is to face her fears and trauma. This leads to some hot and sexy scenes between the characters.
The author did a wonderful job with the serious content of this book. She took care in describing the characters reactions which means a lot to readers. I also loved the fact that she had this huge mystery tied up in a tight ball that she unraveled slowly for readers. This book has so many twists and turns that you will be amazed when you reach the end of the story. I can honestly say I did not expect that ending! I love being surprised!

Overall, this is a wonderful romantic suspense novel. I would recommend it to others who could handle some serious topics mixed in with an amazing story.  I loved everything about this book, from the plot to the characters, to the big surprise ending. I hope you love this story as much as I did.


Star Ratings:

Plot: 5/5
Character: 5/5
Heat: 5/5
Writing Style: 455
Overall: 5/5





No comments:

Post a Comment