Sunday, April 1, 2018

REVIEW - Conflicted - Maria Macdonald

39683049



TITLE - Conflicted
AUTHOR - Maria Macdonald






Blurb:

They say, ‘Be true to yourself and follow your heart.’

But what if the two things aren’t mutually exclusive?

If only one half is being honest, can you ever really be complete?

For years I was my own oppressor until I found my absolute.

He was the addiction I didn’t want to fight, one that nearly broke me.

But I knew, when it came to Casper, I was never going to be a survivor.

I enjoyed drowning too damn much.



Johnaka's Review:

“Two halves of a whole, 5 stars”

If you would have told me a year ago I would read a m/m book and like it I would have called you crazy. Well you can call me crazy. I’ve tried reading m/m in the past and was never able to fall into the story, but with Casper and Caden I was able to just like I can with a m/f story. Conflicted is tastefully done and there is no denying these two belong together. The story flew by and I felt like I had hardly started reading when it was over, but I felt good with how the story worked out.
Caden is the guy who finally busted out of the closet and into the open with his sexuality. While at it he’s also finding himself with the little help from his brother and friends. The four of them can take on anything that comes there way. Even with that said he is left feeling a little restless and knows he wants the happily ever after his brother and his best friend have. Then he meets Casper.
Casper is in the closet and doesn’t know how to come out. He’s the definition of mans man. Then when he meets Caden everything starts to change. Will he be willing to put himself on the line for love? And what will he do if those he cares about come in harm’s way?
Plot-5/5
Characters-5/5
Heat-5/5
Writing style-5/5
Overall-5/5




No comments:

Post a Comment